Time to buy those on benefits a house each?

Are there enough houses in Sheffield to go round? Most council properties are flats and a lot of people are happy to rent. If you rent you get the chance of a transfer. If you own you have to sell and buy again, which can be expensive. Private landlords may be sharks but so are estate agents.

Sheffield would still need a lot pf private-rented properties for students, people who are working here temporarily, et al.

And you'd be giving someone a house just if, for example, that person gets Child Benefit for just one child under your benefits eligibility test.

There aren't enough houses to go around, nobody has been building houses, they have been knocking them down. Shoebox flats have been built to maximise rental yields for landlords.

Under my policy of buying everyone on benefits a house. Developers will build housing to meet the demand.

There aren't enough houses to go around, nobody has been building houses, they have been knocking them down. Shoebox flats have been built to maximise rental yields for landlords.

Under my policy of buying everyone on benefits a house. Developers will build housing to meet the demand.

That will require a lot of land. You can knock down a lot of the council flat estates and build houses but you'd have fewer homes and you'd have to put the displaced somewhere in the meantime. You could use brownfield sites but at some point you'd have to use the greenbelt.

Some people prefer flats anyway. Some may be small but so are some houses.

That will require a lot of land. You can knock down a lot of the council flat estates and build houses but you'd have fewer homes and you'd have to put the displaced somewhere in the meantime. You could use brownfield sites but at some point you'd have to use the greenbelt.

Some people prefer flats anyway. Some may be small but so are some houses.

We have already knocked loads down under pathfinder.

Plenty of land available. :D

Yay! More reasons to upset the Mail readers!

Buy me a nice House in Hillsborough if you want, close to the Buses, Trams and Wadsley Bridge Internet Exchange, well close enough to get decent speeds :D

Please note, I am NOT being serious with that last bit!

Its a shame tax payers have to keep you in computer games.

Its a shame tax payers have to keep you in computer games.

Its a shame a shame that so much of taxpayers money is spent on young men who spend all day on an x-box.

Can't see it being a very fulfilling life, being in your 30s and playing with yourself all day.

Landlords profit from the lack of social housing. Family lives in rented house at tax-payers expense for 5 years, cost to tax payer £30,000. The landlord receives all of this.

Local Authority builds house for family, cost £60,000. Family claim Goveernment benefits and pay their landlord, the Local Authority £500 per month. The government retains the house, so still has the capital.

Have I got something wrong?

Archived