The Earl on Fridays?

funkymiss

Originally posted by illodius

*grin* Now you're asking for trade secrets. But let's just say I have a few mates in the force and we all have access and in particular the system is of interest on football days, other than that and unless they have been given information specifically to watch, I doubt it's that heavily monitored! Regardless we keep foortage on the system for over a year anyway. (11 months than the law requires)

Presently there are a few shadowcam systems around areas that the Police use to monitor trouble spots and incidentally, Sheffield is one of the most CCTV'ed places in UK and if you went to the CCTV control centre in City Hall, it looks like Nasa!

Sounds rather like simple IP cams where anyone with log in details just jumps on the internet. Give the log in info to the Police and of course they can go on - doesn't mean to say that anyone will ever be bothered as it isn't their job to.

Conversely there are systems like Sheffield based Camwatch that have 24 hour camera monitoring and alarm systems. I believe that they cover peoples homes in Monaco!

Originally posted by SlinkyMinky

Nick2 has offered some very hazy proof on what he is claiming, not very fair on a pub that is a rare gem in Sheffield

A quote like "I don't know when it was in the Earl, as I wasn't there" says it all.

Lets all be careful when putting things like that on the forum.

Slinky

You are right, I appologise, I was only repeating what someone had said to me, which I realise isn't a good idea.

Originally posted by Tony

Sounds rather like simple IP cams where anyone with log in details just jumps on the internet. Give the log in info to the Police and of course they can go on - doesn't mean to say that anyone will ever be bothered as it isn't their job to.

Conversely there are systems like Sheffield based Camwatch that have 24 hour camera monitoring and alarm systems. I believe that they cover peoples homes in Monaco!

Sounds like, but aren't. Very different to standard IP webcams, like AXIS or Dlink style cameras. Camwatch are a good company, but use standard technologies, where our systems are very different and biometric aspects are built in for future uses, etc.

no you cant have cameras in toilets - that would be against the law

we try to make this place a safe and as friendly as we can and to put on the best possible nights available

just had technoirhopefully the first of many

james mowbray editor of mixmag came down and played and really enjoyed himself as did dmitry bobrov and dj danila - direct from apriori in Moscow

thanks to barry gilbey - sheffield resident and choochoo records boss for making the night a great success

thanks of course to all the others involved ricky,gavin, dan, jimmy and many more

Originally posted by Tony

illodius, sorry if I sounded disparaging, I didn't intend to. Obviously it's very responsible of your venue to have extensive coverage.

Not at all, I am happy to discuss things openly. I just prefer a safe venue, rather than a dodgy one. I think of the Earl Like Dr Who's tardis, fuctional but rustic, full of character, looks run down, but packed full of technology and rooms that lead everywhere! Even has free wireless internet. I was going to renovate it heavily, but people seem to love the style as is, although stay tuned for some changes shortly. Mainly upgrades for the DJ's.....maybe even a flick and dash of paint here and there......

Originally posted by carcrash

This Friday it is Expansion. Drum and bass, techno, ect.

I think it is £3 to get in.

Thank you! Sounds like tonight is gonna be a good night, me and my friends will definately be there! Anyone else?

Miss xx

Ps - not put off by any drugs rumours, the earl always seems like a sound place

Archived