Where is the best place to visit in the peak district , and why?

thanks all for the great comments (apart from the chap whose going to get a slapping lol)

interesting isnt it that no one has mentioned chatsworth?

most of places mentions are the quiter places or real countryside which is really nice that they arent normally on the beaten track of the tourist places .

we did a video a while back , can anyone recognise where it was filmed - most of you will have been near i would bet

clue? its not too far from hathersage ...........

thanks all for the great comments (apart from the chap whose going to get a slapping lol)

interesting isnt it that no one has mentioned chatsworth?

most of places mentions are the quiter places or real countryside which is really nice that they arent normally on the beaten track of the tourist places .

we did a video a while back , can anyone recognise where it was filmed - most of you will have been near i would bet

clue? its not too far from hathersage ...........

I think most people go out into the peaks to escape "people". I know I do. Bleaklow is another favourite :)

Can't see the video as I am at work so won't respond to that.

As a walker, climber, cyclist and parent it's all good to me.

I'm surprised nobody has mentioned Stanton Moor and Rowter Rocks yet, though. My mild obsession with visiting places marked on OS maps in Gothic text makes that area one of my favourites.

As a walker, climber, cyclist and parent it's all good to me.

I'm surprised nobody has mentioned Stanton Moor and Rowter Rocks yet, though. My mild obsession with visiting places marked on OS maps in Gothic text makes that area one of my favourites.

Rowter Rocks is a lovely place, makes me feel like a child when I am playing and exploring the rock formations and carvings.

Archived