A lift from Manchester airport?

Hello all,

I´m heading to Munich on 30/11, and will head back on December 4th- at 22:55. Therefore I´ll miss the last train, as usual.

Is there any soul that´s going to be there as well on that date/time and wishes to give me a lift, or share a cab? Please?

Thanks!

I have experienced landing at 11pm and staying in the airport overnight to wait for the earliest train the next morning. Last December I was sitting at Birmingham Airport's Costa Cafe from 23:30 to 6am. When I bought my first cup of coffee I asked "may I sit here till 6pm?" and the staff said its fine!Whenever I can save money, I'm happy to put up with longer journey time and more stress.

The next morning after your landing is Monday, so you can't book advance ticket nor having railcard discounts before 10am. To be cost effective, you should take the 1st train in the next morning, departing Manchester Airport at 5:15 and change for the train bound for Cleethorpe at Piccadily, then you can arrive Sheffield before 7am.

If you want direct train, the first one is gonna depart at 6:55 and arrive Sheffield at 8:10, but it's gonna be very jam packed between Piccadily & Sheffield.

http://www.tpexpress.co.uk/media/73836/9_minitt_don_may2011.pdf

Using taxi is gonna cost as least double of your train fare I suppose!

Thanks people.

I know the taxi was £90 last time I checked, me and my partner had to go back to Sheffield, our flight was delayed and there were no more trains.

The 5:15 train should be ok, but I keep hoping someone is gonna be there at the same time as me.... good luck?

Archived