Rememberence for all..even muslims.

Ricin

This year I was thinking about all of the fallen heroes of WW2 and thinking how they would feel living in society today. They fought to stop Adolph Hitler from realising his dream of a thousand year reich. He started by killing millions of jews and also romany gypsies but would have moved onto the muslim world given the chance. It struck me that the decadent west that extreme muslims love to hate were the exact same people who liberated the world of the worst dictator of all time. It's about time they came to realise that had our forefathers failed, they would not be around today to preach against the west and hate us so much. Hitler would have taken control and wiped out everyone who didn't fit his idea of perfection. Muslims should also be wearing poppies and giving thanks as much as us.

This year I was thinking about all of the fallen heroes of WW2 and thinking how they would feel living in society today. They fought to stop Adolph Hitler from realising his dream of a thousand year reich. He started by killing millions of jews and also romany gypsies but would have moved onto the muslim world given the chance. It struck me that the decadent west that extreme muslims love to hate were the exact same people who liberated the world of the worst dictator of all time. It's about time they came to realise that had our forefathers failed, they would not be around today to preach against the west and hate us so much. Hitler would have taken control and wiped out everyone who didn't fit his idea of perfection. Muslims should also be wearing poppies and giving thanks as much as us.

I totally agree,and it's strange how many don't realise this either!

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/British_Indian_Army

A large number of Arabs(who happened to be followers of Islam) supported Hitler - they too wanted to be rid of the jews.

Not all Muslims supported Hitler and many of them might have found themselves on his hit (or hate) lists.

In the US, the 11th of November is Veterans Day. The Americans remember all military vets.

In the UK, when I was at school, we all met in the school hall and the (very) long list of the names of those who had died in conflicts was read out. The UK is now too cheap to remember "The 11th hour of the 11th Day of the 11th month" (and that rankles!) but the UK does have "Remembrance Sunday".

I've attended Remembrance ceremonies in the UK, the US, Canada, France, Belgium and Germany.

Yes, the Germans honour their war dead too - And I have no problem with that.

There is one theme common to them all. It's not (obviously) 'How we fought two world wars'. Indeed, if you were paying attention at any of the ceremonies you would have noted that the Wars themselves were minor players.

The point of the ceremonies is to remember those who - when they were called upon to serve [and possibly to give their lives for the countries which called upon them to do so] did what they were required to do.

It's not about 'glorifying war'- nobody likes war (least of all those who elect - or were obliged - to serve in the armed forces.) It's about remembering those who agreed (even if they didn't have a choice) to make whatever sacrifice was necessary to defend their country.

Ideally, the governments of all countries would look after their Armed Forces. - Not guarantee them a life of luxury, but guarantee that those who are bent, spindled or mutilated are not thrown on the scrap heap.

That doesn't happen.

The Royal British Legion (who getthe money from the Poppy Appeal don't just look after veterans of the WorldWars and their dependents (though they do try to do that) they are also one of the very few "voices of the Servicemen".

Soldiers, Sailors and Airmen are not allowed to argue back - the Flag, General and Air Officers can try ... but they are bound by political limitations.

The RBL stands up for the troops. It was the RBL who shamed the present government into 'promising'to support servicemen (and ex-servicemen.) That costs money.

We will know that they 'are getting near to achieving that goal when there are no ex-servicemen living on the streets.

Dont hold your breath while you wait.

I wouldn't expect them to wear a poppy. Why would they do that when they are not prepared to assimilate into Western society?

Yet many served to stop you speaking German etc etc.

Old Pakistani bloke lives near me served in the British army in WW2.

Therefore you're full of **** as usual.

Archived