Intimidating me while I'm having a driving lesson

why do people in big fancy BMW's feel the need to tailgate me then show me what they probably do with there hands at home as well as shouting (not sure if they understand I cannot actually hear them??)

They then like to overtake me after making me a nervous wreck and full of panic!

The sad truth is that you will be dealing with this sort of people when you pass your test too - the best thing is to learn to ignore them and let them get on with their tantrums.

The day before I took my driving test 18 years ago, a BMW driver overtook me on a T-junction while waving his arms and shouting and, while avoiding the oncoming lorry I had been stopped for, drove his BMW into a wall. Nothing hurt but his pride; I have to admit I did laugh a bit ;)

These muppets are usually the ones who cause accidents. Don't let them intimidate you, just concentrate on what YOU'RE doing, making sure you're driving safely, ignore them and you won't go far wrong.

They forget they had to learn once too and while they are extremely irritating, they're not worth losing any sleep over.

I have recently started driving lessons, just had my 5th so new to the road as anything but a passenger. What I would love to know is why do people in big fancy BMW's feel the need to tailgate me then show me what they probably do with there hands at home as well as shouting (not sure if they understand I cannot actually hear them??)

They then like to overtake me after making me a nervous wreck and full of panic! See if I was doing something wrong I could understand the odd irate impatient driver as I might be myself one day BUT seen as it's always on a 40 road when I'm driving at dead on 40mph so doing the correct and legal speed.

I'm confused, by doing this to me how does it help anybody? If you are the irate BMW driver then please drop back a little. Give me space to learn and DONT expect me to go over the speed limit when I have a driving instructor next me you idiot!

They have always done this. They even do it to me now 35 years after; I just let them get alongside - then floor it. No BMW, apart from the new M3, will catch me.

Archived