Where is the best place to eat on London Road?

jacksmith10

Noodle Inn every time for me. Never had a bad meal there. I know it's really a canteen style place but that's what I like about it . Not pretentious just tasty food. Me and Mr G went in on Friday afternoon to cheer us up after getting soaked to the skin in the deluge. We had pork and preserved egg congee and dim sum. The minced squid dumplings were mmmmmmm ! Came out stuffed to the gills and much , much happier .

Also , agree with Ousetunes. The supermarket is AMAZING !! Only popped in for some spices the other day and spent absolutely ages in there. There is so much good stuff in there from every nation you could think of. Lovely fresh fruit and veg. Baked bread and butchers. Everything you could ever want and lots of weird things you never heard of . Hubs had to drag me out before I spent a mint .

Zeugma is my favourite restaurant of all time. It's a Turkish restaurant which does really good quality kebabs (and no, not donner!). They cook it over hot coal fires which means the meat is low in fat. Served with breads/salads/rice. It is a little pricey, but with a lot of dishes you find you can share one between two and you've got plenty to eat.

Archived