Depression do you suffer ?

Depression heres a short video of how I feel

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iZnlOYnbOEk&hd=1

Depression is more than simply feeling unhappy or fed up for a few days.

We all go through spells of feeling down, but when you're depressed, you feel persistently sad for weeks or months rather than just a few days.

Some people still think that depression is trivial and not a genuine health condition. They're wrong. Depression is a real illness with real symptoms, and it's not a sign of weakness or something you can 'snap out of' by 'pulling yourself together'.

The good news is that with the right treatment and support, most people can make a full recovery from depression.

How to tell if you have depression.

Depression affects people in many different ways and can cause a wide variety of symptoms.

They range from lasting feelings of sadness and hopelessness to losing interest in the things you used to enjoy and feeling very tearful or anxious.

There can be physical symptoms too such as feeling constantly tired, sleeping badly, having no appetite or sex drive and complaining of various aches and pains.

The severity of the symptoms can vary. At its mildest, you may simply feel persistently low in spirit, while at its most severe, depression can make you feel suicidal and that life is no longer worth living.

more info here

http://www.nhs.uk/Conditions/Depression/Pages/Introduction.aspx

Depression heres a short video of how I feel

We all go through spells of feeling down, but when you're depressed, you feel persistently sad for weeks or months rather than just a few days.

Some people still think that depression is trivial and not a genuine health condition. They're wrong. Depression is a real illness with real symptoms, and it's not a sign of weakness or something you can 'snap out of' by 'pulling yourself together'.

The good news is that with the right treatment and support, most people can make a full recovery from depression.

Depression affects people in many different ways and can cause a wide variety of symptoms.

They range from lasting feelings of sadness and hopelessness to losing interest in the things you used to enjoy and feeling very tearful or anxious.

There can be physical symptoms too such as feeling constantly tired, sleeping badly, having no appetite or sex drive and complaining of various aches and pains.

The severity of the symptoms can vary. At its mildest, you may simply feel persistently low in spirit, while at its most severe, depression can make you feel suicidal and that life is no longer worth living.

more info here

i do, also SAD, double trouble for me :roll:

Gosh yes, I think many of us can relate to you here. (just a point, but change your user name to something a bit more cheery lol)

Depression is horrible. Is like being in a big black hole that you can't climb out of .. And sometimes you can see the light, but you just can't reach it.

Depression here's a short video of how I feel

more info here

I had severe post natal depression 40 yrs ago, and on and off since Ive had depression. I can still feel the pain and sadness today at 64..

I didn't bond with my child, though i love her to bits now i wanted someone to take her away from me, i did have to have her taken away for a while due to a chest infection in hospital so that didn't help..

It doesn't help when the medication im on for other things has side effects for anxiety and depression, also being chronically ill makes me worse.

I can be sat in a room full of people, or with my family, going round in my head is "i wish i was dead".

But i am not letting this beat me like it did all those years ago, i'm fighting and counting my lucky stars i haven't got anything worse...:)

can relate to what your saying

I went to see lee nelson at the city hall in oct he is funny and was hundreds of people have a great time and I could feel the wife looking at me with red face and laffing her head of at the jokes but I was motionless and didnt even smile.. kind felt like I wasnt there and was looking in from above or something.. couldnt wait to get out of there to the safety of my home or even bed ...

I used to be so outgoing always out round friends house or even drinking in clubs [corporation ] ect I even used to ride motorcycle daily and cycle at least 4 miles a day wind rain or shine .

I now do none of those things motorcycle in shed with no tax or test -bicycle not moved for years and is going rusty lol I paid £2000 for that also and not been out to a mates for years unless he kidnaps me in a car and makes a reason to pop to his home

found I lie to my doc and family lots say im getting out loads and doing loads to keep active

Archived