Mice Infestation over just a few days. Anyone else had this problem?

If you put traps down bait then with chocolate, mice find it irrisitible, I found this out one christmas when we lived next to some woods. One day we found several presents under the tree had been torn, I was ready to blame it on our two young children trying to peep when I noticed they were all selection boxes or chocolates and they had been nibbled right through and mice droppings all over.

If you put traps down bait then with chocolate, mice find it irrisitible, I found this out one christmas when we lived next to some woods. One day we found several presents under the tree had been torn, I was ready to blame it on our two young children trying to peep when I noticed they were all selection boxes or chocolates and they had been nibbled right through and mice droppings all over.

:hihi: They are hardly gonna go for the xbox :hihi:

• 9 years later...

I have yet aanother mice infestation, the one during the lock downs were horrendous, they ripped through food items like potatos. The thing is for me, is every single time i have had them i have been so sick, much more than is usual for my conditions, especially severe stomach cramps. I am aware there are very serious Zoonotic diseases one can get from them, especially if like me, you have immune system disorders.

I am on the second floor of old victorian mews flats and baffled why it is me who get them, its delicate but my neighbours flat upstairs is really not hygenic(mine is now spotless with cleaners) and downstair have said they can hear things in the (rotten) floorboards, but nothing in their flat.

last time they completely ignored the mousetraps and am loathe to put poison down,

14 hours ago, gamezone07 said:

I have yet aanother mice infestation, the one during the lock downs were horrendous, they ripped through food items like potatos. The thing is for me, is every single time i have had them i have been so sick, much more than is usual for my conditions, especially severe stomach cramps. I am aware there are very serious Zoonotic diseases one can get from them, especially if like me, you have immune system disorders.

I am on the second floor of old victorian mews flats and baffled why it is me who get them, its delicate but my neighbours flat upstairs is really not hygenic(mine is now spotless with cleaners) and downstair have said they can hear things in the (rotten) floorboards, but nothing in their flat.

last time they completely ignored the mousetraps and am loathe to put poison down,

If your place is now spotless (and i'm sure it is gamezone) you could try Peppermint oil around the house.

Lots of does it work ? doesn't it work? answers to the question out there.

I can only go on while we were ridding my Mothers house of mice cotton wool soaked in Peppermint oil 

appeared to deter them. 

Put it where you think they might be running, in corners, where pipes are routed, doorways, etc.

if blocking holes with filler implant the filler with metal scourer -  might not stop them but can deters them long enough 

for them to loose interest.

All worth a try.

I'm never sure about feeding the little buggers,

Yes they do like Peanut Butter (someone has to)

But why encourage them.

Keep safe.