Would you rather have an equal share of nothing or £5000

Equal share of nothing or the lowest share of a million pounds.  

20 members have voted

1. 1. Equal share of nothing or the lowest share of a million pounds.

• equal share of nothing
    • £5000

You are in a group of ten people, to win an unequal share of £1,000,000 you have to agree how it should be shared, if you can’t agree you lose it all. No names in the hat, no straws, no sharing it equaly after.

The split will be

£500,000

£200,000

£100,000

£50,000

£40,000

£35,000

£30,000

£25,000

£15,000

£5,000

Would you rather have an equal share of nothing, or accept £5000

Whats the lowest you would accept?

There was a game show on TV in which a team of people won some money, the winnings where then split unequally. What surprised me was the amount of people that would sooner loose the lot than take the lowest share.

The lowest share is better than nothing.

I'd promptly scribble an ad hoc contract pursuant to which all group members accept whatever share within the time delay imparted to secure the winnings or payment, all shares to be paid in a trust account administered by a solicitor or notary, and redistributed in equal shares thereafter :thumbsup:

And I wouldn't even ask for a larger share for doing that. 'cos I'm nice like that :D

You are in a group of ten people, to win an unequal share of £1,000,000 you have to agree how it should be shared, if you can’t agree you lose it all.

The split will be

£500,000

£200,000

£100,000

£50,000

£40,000

£35,000

£30,000

£25,000

£15,000

£5,000

Would you rather have an equal share of nothing, or accept £5000

I would want an equal share, initially. That would be my demand. If one or rest of the group disagree then surely they are doing themselves out of their share.

I would want an equal share, initially. That would be my demand. If one or rest of the group disagree then surely they are doing themselves out of their share.

Wouldn’t we all but that would make the prize to easy to win, the only way to win the prize is for some players to take a low amount in the knowledge that some greedy git would rather lose it all if they can’t have the most.

So would you be the greedy one or there person prepared to take the least.:)

I'm sure the entire group would agree, but the person giving the money wouldn't.

You can't win by breaking the rules.

It's not about working out a fair way to do it or changing the rules, the rules for the 'game' are set, everyone knows how the split will work and who gets what, the participants have to decide though between them.

Would you accept the lowest amount, or would you scupper the whole thing rather than be the one given the least?

Archived