BMA want the government to ban smoking in your car..

Well that's never going to happen is it?!

Now that is something I would take a bet on.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/worldnews/australiaandthepacific/newzealand/8107633/New-Zealand-aims-to-be-smoke-free-by-2025.html

New Zealand aims to be smoke free by 2025

New Zealand has unveiled an ambitious plan to make the country smoke-free by 2025

How about if there's children in the car?

If you smoke with children in the car it's child abuse in my opinion. But to have the choice of smoking in your own car, by yourself is going way too far!!

How can the BMA suggest such a thing yet still allow schools to feed kids crappy processed, high salt content school meals?! They have got their priorities wrong and their heads up their arses!

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/worldnews/australiaandthepacific/newzealand/8107633/New-Zealand-aims-to-be-smoke-free-by-2025.html

New Zealand has unveiled an ambitious plan to make the country smoke-free by 2025

Good on New Zealand.

Ambitious is the word!! You can't ban smoking, it just wouldn't work. You are turning addicts into criminals and making gangsters rich!

Ambitious is the word!! You can't ban smoking, it just wouldn't work. You are turning addicts into criminals and making gangsters rich!

I think you are letting your obsession cloud your vision.

You don’t need to ban anything. Governments just increases taxes on it, restrict its import and limit places where it can be sold and consumed. They could make it as unattractive to employ smokers as it is to employ old lags and drug addicts. If that is what they wanted to do.

It ceases to become attractive even to the lame brains if smoking a few fags is more expensive than running a car.

I think all smokers should be actively encouraged to up their tobacco consumption. Maybe the extra tax revenue would mean we could have lower petrol prices!!

What extra tax revenue ?..............I buy my cigs from a woman who live down the road ,and i dont pay any duty on them ............... theres no extra tax duty from me im afraid. £30 a sleeve for cigs............. Happy Days .

Slowly, slowly, catchy monkey

In the last 25 years or so, tobacco

advertising has been banned;

Sports sponsorship banned;

smoking banned from cinemas, theatres amongst other venues;

smoking banned from public transport;

smoking banned from workplaces, public buildings.

New Zealand seem to be forging the way for others to follow

Archived