BMA want the government to ban smoking in your car..

Ambitious is the word!! You can't ban smoking, it just wouldn't work. You are turning addicts into criminals and making gangsters rich!

Slowly, slowly, catchy monkey

In the last 25 years or so, tobacco

advertising has been banned;

Sports sponsorship banned;

smoking banned from cinemas, theatres amongst other venues;

smoking banned from public transport;

smoking banned from workplaces, public buildings.

New Zealand seem to be forging the way for others to follow

What extra tax revenue ?..............I buy my cigs from a woman who live down the road ,and i dont pay any duty on them ............... theres no extra tax duty from me im afraid. £30 a sleeve for cigs............. Happy Days .

In a few years she'll be classed as your 'Pusher'

Now that is something I would take a bet on.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/worldnews/australiaandthepacific/newzealand/8107633/New-Zealand-aims-to-be-smoke-free-by-2025.html

New Zealand aims to be smoke free by 2025

New Zealand has unveiled an ambitious plan to make the country smoke-free by 2025

I hope they do. I can see a great future for people like myself getting into the cigarette boot legging business especially in the Maori market.

Those people mostly live in third world conditions in a country that prides itself in it's "pristine social and moralisitic qualities"

Fags are one of the few distractions those unfortunate people enjoy

Slowly, slowly, catchy monkey

In the last 25 years or so, tobacco

advertising has been banned;

Sports sponsorship banned;

smoking banned from cinemas, theatres amongst other venues;

smoking banned from public transport;

smoking banned from workplaces, public buildings.

New Zealand seem to be forging the way for others to follow

Haven't they just banned ciggie vending machines in the UK?

It's all about choice and having it taken away from us. The BMA will suggest a ban on everything if they had their own way. How can someone have the audacity to tell me what I can and can't do in my own time and space? They aren't even basing their findings on facts!!

Not everyone wants to live life like a pet dog being told what they can and can't do! Some of us can see the bigger picture here!

Well they ban the viewing of certain images conducted in your own home.You must brealise these bans aresimilar to the restrictions placd on children to prevent self-harm.If you showed better judgement and stopped smoking it would save a lot of hassle;in addition smoking and driving safely are incompatible.Do you think Lewis Hamilton smokes in the grand prix?Dont be a sap,take the advice and give up you are making many BAT shareholders rich,when the money saved could improve the life chances of the kids.

This thread is about the BMA wanting to ban smoking in cars. Obviously you have little or no idea about where the limits to invasion of personal privacy should be drawn.

It's perfectly fine to ban smoking in public buildings and other appropriate places but in personally owned private cars just stupid and dictatorial as anyone with a grain of common sense should realize

Hitler never smoked either. He was also a vegetarian. You ever seen a vegetarian who smokes. I haven't.

I think the BMA may be able to scrape together the odd grain or two-certainly their avearge IQ wil surpass that of the typical car bound smoker.

in addition smoking and driving safely are incompatible.

Utter Rubbish .

Smoking when driving is NO more dangerous than changing gear whilst driving ,as both require you to take one hand off the steering wheel.

Maybe we Should ban manual cars too. :loopy::loopy:

Utter Rubbish .

Smoking when driving is NO more dangerous than changing gear whilst driving ,as both require you to take one hand off the steering wheel.

Maybe we Should ban manual cars too. :loopy::loopy:

Thought it was all tractors out there?:cool:

Archived