BMA want the government to ban smoking in your car..

I wouldnt want any little Hitler banging on my car window and telling me to put out my cigarette. Those who would be foolish enough to do so would receive a faceful of nicotine soaked water squirted from a spray bottle.

I'm a non smoker anyway so it's irrelevent to me but what concerns me is the gradual erosion of our rights and liberties by these little mind control do gooders and in this particuar case what's beyond fair and reasonable.

One of the bars in our town has blatantly ignored the no smoking ban. I walked in one evening and a guy smoking at the bar took me for a policeman. He gave me a grin and said "good evening officer" as much as if to say "I'm smoking and what are you going to do about it"?

I replied that that I was not a cop and as far as I was concerned he could climb on top of the bar with his old lady and fornicate in front of the rest of us :hihi:

Utter Rubbish .

Smoking when driving is NO more dangerous than changing gear whilst driving ,as both require you to take one hand off the steering wheel.

Maybe we Should ban manual cars too. :loopy::loopy:

Yes but changing gear is a sign of intelligent behaviour,smoking a sign of stupidity.Can you see people taking a driving test and the instructor saying"When I raise by hand I want you to insert that noxious cylinder into your mouth,ignite and inhale,Mr Dopey!"

I wouldnt want any little Hitler banging on my car window and telling me to put out my cigarette. Those who would be foolish enough to do so would receive a faceful of nicotine soaked water squirted from a spray bottle.

I'm a non smoker anyway so it's irrelevent to me but what concerns me is the gradual erosion of our rights and liberties by these little mind control do gooders and in this particuar case what's beyond fair and reasonable.

One of the bars in our town has blatantly ignored the no smoking ban. I walked in one evening and a guy smoking at the bar took me for a policeman. He gave me a grin and said "good evening officer" as much as if to say "I'm smoking and what are you going to do about it"?

I replied that that I was not a cop and as far as I was concerned he could climb on top of the bar with his old lady and fornicate in front of the rest of us :hihi:

Perhaps you should alter your mode of dress.

I think the BMA may be able to scrape together the odd grain or two-certainly their avearge IQ wil surpass that of the typical car bound smoker.

The government should spend it's time and money on banning the use of illicit drugs including cannabis which are used by the young as well as adults instead of wasting it's time on stopping cigarette smoking in privately owned cars by adults who are tax payers and voters and have the right to make their own judgments and decisons.

Also this "second hand smoke" stuff is a load of hyped up baloney. The advocates come up with all kinds of fancy statistics to further their point but anyone can come up with "statistics" to prove anything they want to rant against.

As a kid I breathed the air of Sheffield when it was a smoky industrial city, was around adults who smoked, smoked myself from the age of 18 until 30

and was subjected to second hand smoke in the following years not to mention Los Angeles smog for several decades.

My lungs are still in A-1 condition

The government should spend it's time and money on banning the use of illicit drugs including cannabis which are used by the young as well as adults instead of wasting it's time on stopping cigarette smoking in privately owned cars by adults who are tax payers and voters and have the right to make their own judgments and decisons.

Also this "second hand smoke" stuff is a load of hyped up baloney. The advocates come up with all kinds of fancy statistics to further their point but anyone can come up with "statistics" to prove anything they want to rant against.

As a kid I breathed the air of Sheffield when it was a smoky industrial city, was around adults who smoked, smoked myself from the age of 18 until 30

and was subjected to second hand smoke in the following years not to mention Los Angeles smog for several decades.

My lungs are still in A-1 condition

Are you a doctor or do you have to have regular exams for insurance reasons?You are correct about statistics-they can be used to prove anything.

Are you a doctor or do you have to have regular exams for insurance reasons?You are correct about statistics-they can be used to prove anything.

Not a doctor. Annual physical exams yes.

Statistics can be manipulated to make the reader see what the staticians want them to see. A bit like a magical act really or the old smoke and mirrors routine

Not a doctor. Annual physical exams yes.

Statistics can be manipulated to make the reader see what the staticians want them to see. A bit like a magical act really or the old smoke and mirrors routine

How often do you have your annual inspection-I hope you dont mind my mentioning this as I know the rectal area can be sensitive!

This smoking thing is getting to be a bit too much.

I have never smoked, but have nothing against those who do.

We all have our weaknesses.

The smoking ban in pubs has led to most of them closing.

That may not be a bad thing, but it has led to a decline in social life for a lot of people.

But this about what you shall do and shall not do, in the confines of your own space is a rule too far.

The more our liberties are chipped away at, the more we risk losing everything we have fought for, as a people, over the last 200 years or so.

Archived