BMA want the government to ban smoking in your car..

Actually I meant to say"totally agree Superdream"'but lost the thread when I took the dog for a walk.Never mind,I still believe it won't happen because people are getting heartily sick of being told what should be the norm,whether it's smoking,drinking,diet,greenhouse gases,carbon footprints,...the list is endless.

Some will jump on the bandwagon that suits them,and disregard what doesn't.

As I said,live and let live,and to slightly misquote " I do not agree with what you do,but I will defend to the death your right to do it"

It's the next logical step, it'll probably be banned in public outdoor areas after that.

In 20 years smokers will be seen as drug addicts are today.

I think you're wrong. I think in 20 years time, most drugs will be legal and this silly idea by the BMA will be nothing but a distant memory.

If you think people should be free to poison.cut and harm themselves then I would say you are wrong.Would you encourage your children to smoke,drink ,use cocaine or cut themselves?I do not expect you to answer that question.

Here we go AGAIN!! You can't post anything without twisting the meaning can you??

Nobody said that they would encourage children to smoke! Are you reading a different thread to everyone else?

SUPERDREAM simply said, people should have thr right to live their lives as they please. As long as I don't harm another person in the process, what's wrong with that?

A number of countries have already introduced it. As with the smoking ban in public buildings, we tend to follow where others lead.

Banning smoking in any public place is a good idea and I think that a majority of smokers wouldn't argue with that. However, in a car, by yourself???? Too far, not going to happen!!

Here we go ANAIN!! You can't post anything without twisting the meaning can you??

Nobody said that they would encourage children to smoke! Are you reading a different thread to everyone else?

SUPERDREAM simply said, people should have thr right to live their lives as they please. As long as I don't harm another person in the process, what's wrong with that?

I would have thought parents smoking would be anegative role model,and thatthe government would take steps to prevent this.I am considering the wider implications which is not twisting the meaning.If you make ambiguous statements they will be misconstrued byb the reader.My name is not ANAIN!

I would have thought parents smoking would be anegative role model,and thatthe government would take steps to prevent this.I am considering the wider implications which is not twisting the meaning.If you make ambiguous statements they will be misconstrued byb the reader.My name is not ANAIN!

Do you really think the government should ban everything that could possibly lead to future ill health? If so then I think you need to move to North Korea!

We live in a free country! I hope it stays that way!

In 20 years smokers will be seen as drug addicts are today

:clap:

I would say that in ten years time GPs will issue prescriptions to smokers so they can purchase cigarettes,and that the stigma of smoking will be even greater than it is today.Pharmacies will sell them to the needy.

Yet more :clap: :clap:

nanny state britain. do as you are told.

Nonsense, smoking bans are worldwide,

Do you really think the government should ban everything that could possibly lead to future ill health? If so then I think you need to move to North Korea!

We live in a free country! I hope it stays that way!

I notice that you opened a thread playing devil's advocaat as you could not win this dispute.It has now been closed quite rightly for its absurd premise.In fact North Korea are happy to let their people smoke anywhere as it seems to pacify them.What NK do very well is to grant trivial liberies like smoking while denying real liberties like health and education.It would be a good resting place for Bonzo and his libertarian reactionaries,including half the Tory cabinet.

Archived