BMA want the government to ban smoking in your car..

Yep but it is implemented...It'd be easier to spot if anyone had been smoking in their car...I'm not saying I agree with the BMA's request just pointing out that bans are capable of being implemented.

I agree, it would be possible to police. Difficult, just as with mobile phones, but possible.

I'm all for banning smoking with kids in the car.. but when its just you, it seems a bit much! After all if you are driving a car you are old enough to make your own decisions.

I'm all for it. I ride motorcycles and drive a convertible. I'm sick to death of being hit by ciggies that morons fling from their car windows. They have no consideration for others. Why should they expect me to have consideration for them?

I'm all for it. I ride motorcycles and drive a convertible. I'm sick to death of being hit by ciggies that morons fling from their car windows. They have no consideration for others. Why should they expect me to have consideration for them?

They should use the ash tray!

That would be the illegality of throwing litter out of a moving car, rather than smoking in the car. It isn't the same issue.

No, but they wish that they did.

I'm a non smoker, but this is a stupid idea.

I'm not sure that it is.

Anything that requires a driver to use his/her hands for anything other than driving is a bad idea. People have been prosecuted for using mobile phones whilst driving. They have also been prosecuted for eating, drinking, watching TV and many other things that take your mind off the road and your hands off the wheel.

Besides the health implications of smoking there is also a real danger to other motorists.

Archived