BMA want the government to ban smoking in your car..

I'm all for the banning of smoking in cars where there are children present. It appals and disgusts me how parents/adult can smoke in a confined environment like this with children present and forced to inhale the noxious fumes. I'm also sure that it contributes to travel sickness, my parents both smoked in the car when I was a kid and I suffered badly from car sickness.:gag:

I'm all for the banning of smoking in cars where there are children present. It appals and disgusts me how parents/adult can smoke in a confined environment like this with children present and forced to inhale the noxious fumes. I'm also sure that it contributes to travel sickness, my parents both smoked in the car when I was a kid and I suffered badly from car sickness.:gag:

^ This....

I'm all for it. I ride motorcycles and drive a convertible. I'm sick to death of being hit by ciggies that morons fling from their car windows. They have no consideration for others. Why should they expect me to have consideration for them?

Don't expose yourself to "the elements" by riding motorcycles or driving convertibles then.

I'm not sure that it is.

Anything that requires a driver to use his/her hands for anything other than driving is a bad idea. People have been prosecuted for using mobile phones whilst driving. They have also been prosecuted for eating, drinking, watching TV and many other things that take your mind off the road and your hands off the wheel.

Besides the health implications of smoking there is also a real danger to other motorists.

Exactly, they should go even further and ban smoking totally IMO.

Nasty horrible habit! :loopy:

Sorry! BMA want the government to ban smoking in your car...........even when you are in it by yourself!!

So, this is the next step Big Brother is taking in order to take away our choice! Banning smoking in a private space. Next they will ban smoking in our homes.

Thankfully this is only a proposed ban at the moment, hopefully it's never going to come to fruition but the fact that it has made the national news is worrying!

When will the anti smoking campaigners stop? Soon there will be a country full of smokers without cigarettes pulling their hair out running riot!

Smoking in the car with children in the back is the main arguement here, fair enough, if you smoke with your children in the back, you're an idiot!! This shouldn't stop the rest of us being able to enjoy a cigarette, in our car, ALONE!

What will they ban next?

I think smoking in the company of others is bad manners-its a shame people are so ignorant and self-destructive that they rely on government suasion rather than exercise self-discipline

I'm all for it. I ride motorcycles and drive a convertible. I'm sick to death of being hit by ciggies that morons fling from their car windows. They have no consideration for others. Why should they expect me to have consideration for them?

Really?

I've had my bike licence 20 years and also owned only convertible cars for 15. Never been hit by a fag end.

Archived