Over 1 million youth unemployed, highest youth unemployment EVER!

I think perhaps you're being a bit tough on youngsters grafik. Their hopes and aspirations have been artificially raised by rampant consumerism and ostentatious brash displays of wealth by their role models. We've had millions of families living like lottery winners with lifestyles fueled by unbelievable levels of personal debt.

None of it was real. Many of us cracking on a bit understand that. Young people won't. They do need to realise the magic money tree does not exist but they need to be brought down softly and supported. All the parties need to buy into this and get the youngsters training and working. They're our future and we can't afford to through millions of them on the scrapheap.

You're probably right. It's certainly not a black and white issue. However, surely this idea of 'training and working' is only fuelling the future fire. Training for what? Jobs, as we who are 'cracking on a bit' :( know, are becoming ever scarce and what will happen when everybody is a plumber/beautician/driving instructor? Where are the jobs?

I'm afraid that, somewhere along the line, the young have been taught to expect that life is a seamless transition from school to uni to good job. Milliband, D., was going on about this the other day. He thinks that by providing 'training provision', apprenticeships etc. they can just walk away and think that their job is done. Jobs can't just be magicked out of thin air, so why do they pretend they can?

If the young learn one lesson, it's that life is tough. If they've learnt another, it's never to trust the words of a politician.

Have you seen the news this week? How do you explain one million illegals? One in sixty five of us, no wonder so many kids cannot get work. It's insane.

It's a little more complex than you seem to think. Frankly, if you imagine that all the unemployed aren't working because johnny foreigner nicked all the jobs, you're off your rocker.

It's a little more complex than you seem to think. Frankly, if you imagine that all the unemployed aren't working because johnny foreigner knicked all the jobs, you're off your rocker.

I do not think that, I think that having one million unemployed youth and having one million illegal immigrants is insane. Do you think it's sane?

Sane isn't the right word is it? I acknowledge that we have a significant number of illegal immigrants, so what are you claiming is the link between this and youth unemployment?

Yes insane is the right word. What are these illegals doing to eat and keep a roof over there heads? Work. One million less opportunities for the one million youth unemployed.

It's a little more complex than you seem to think. Frankly, if you imagine that all the unemployed aren't working because johnny foreigner nicked all the jobs, you're off your rocker.

Don't you see any link at all to the fact that a couple of million people have entered the country to work over the past ten years and high unemployment.

Surly if our young people had been motivated and educated to the standards business requires we would have less unemployment and fewer people in the country.

Archived