Over 1 million youth unemployed, highest youth unemployment EVER!

I can remember when £1 bought you $3 AUD, now it buys you less than $1.5 AUD

I don't doubt that it is true. At one time it would have got you $4 as well.

However 2 years ago the pound was trading at 1.02 Euros and $1.28.

I've just checked and it is now 1.17 Euros and $1.57. That to me is an upward trend during a difficult patch. Added to that that the interest rate on our borrowing has also fallen by almost 50% in the same period whilst most other European countries have seen their's spiraling out of control and I don't think we are in a bad place.

Did anyone see questiontime last night, with some of the fruitcakes (the young people) on the show?

One wanted to do a songwriting course, which was then dropped by the college. The girl said "the college suggested I do beauty or sumfink" she then said "wat youse is dat?" and Jerermy suggested it would help get a job and she was baffled.

Another youth felt that the jobs were not ecological and caring for the environment, and the jobs were not paid enough.

Most said they could not get jobs within the chosen area of their degree, and these were the educated section of the unemployed youth. Thankfully, we did not see the uneducated ones (the school drop outs).

I personally was one of the 3 million in the 1990s (when unemployment was at its peak), and back in those days, myself and my dingbat mates (who were all the illeducated of the day - not a single GCSE between us) would take any job.

In the 1990s, if you wanted a job then you could get one, it would be a rubbish job on poor pay, but it would be a job. I get the feeling many of these young unemployed today would not take a job unless it was a dream job

Actually, it was Newsnight but no, they didn't exactly cover themselves in glory, did they?

They're just the latest group who have been taken in by the politicians (45% in University education? Who didn't think that would end in tears?) They can join those who were urged to 'save for their retirement', 'get on your bike' etc. etc.

Given that those oiks in the audience could barely string a sentence together, I thought Paxman should have shut the points-scoring politicians up and put this to them:

'Did you never think that the policy started by Labour and continued by the Conservatives of allowing 2, 3, 4 million+ into the country, and increasing by 250,000 a year might have a teensy-weensy impact on the number of jobless people, recession or not?'

Just seen one on the news now, 2 degrees in forensic science, she applied for loads of jobs doing almost anything, but apparently she is overqualified and unemployable. I’m glad I talked my two out of university and to think my eldest wanted to do forensic science.

Just seen one on the news now, 2 degrees in forensic science, she applied for loads of jobs doing almost anything, but apparently she is overqualified and unemployable. I’m glad I talked my two out of university and to think my eldest wanted to do forensic science.

I believe that was one of the issues raised yesterday that in our haste to get more and more in, and therefore qualified to a university standard that the employment will not be there for them when they need it.

Everyone that benefited from the excessive spending of the government.

So, that's the government and a few of their cronies.:|

Did anyone see questiontime last night

I thought it was on tomorrow, after the ten o'clock news.:confused:

In the 1990s, if you wanted a job then you could get one, it would be a rubbish job on poor pay, but it would be a job. I get the feeling many of these young unemployed today would not take a job unless it was a dream job

At least there were jobs available in the 90s. All the school leavers of the early/mid 80s had to look forward to was a crappy YOP scheme (now replaced with these non-apprenticeships)!

What's the problem?

The fact that the Euro is currently a non currency?:hihi: Most of the world's trade is done in US dollars, not some Mickey Mouse currency.

JSA is a little over £60/week, x 52 weeks is a not a lot more than £3k.

Cost of housing and council tax benefits?

Cost of free medical, dental and optical work?

but apparently she is overqualified and unemployable.

The 80s return!:(

The joys of the recession eh.

A million!

It's breached the psychological benchmark. This is like the FTSE dropping below 5000. Somebody phone 999 and request government assistance ASAP.

One million illegal immigrants, nice when numbers are rounded:confused:

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/election-2010/7632936/General-Election-2010-Lib-Dem-amnesty-signals-British-passports-for-1m-illegal-migrants.html

Employ the one million young to find the one million illegals, it's a no brainer!!

Employ the one million young to find the one million illegals, it's a no brainer!!

Will the one million young ones get up at 5AM , will they pick veg in a muddy field, will they clean toilets, will they work unsociable hours in hotels and restaurants saying “yes sir no sir 3 bags full sir” ………………… thought not.

If you could find a million jobs in graphic design or some other job working in a nice air conditioned office you might be onto a winner

Will the one million young ones get up at 5AM , will they pick veg in a muddy field, will they clean toilets, will they work unsociable hours in hotels and restaurants saying “yes sir no sir 3 bags full sir” ………………… thought not.

They would if I was in charge.:)

How can they, when illegals are doing those jobs for food? Employ the unemployed youth to kick out the illegals. Win win.

Archived