EU Bans X-Ray Body Scanners

WeX

It seems that the EU have done something useful for a change.

http://www.scientificamerican.com/article.cfm?id=europe-bans-x-ray-body-scanners

Not all scanners will be banned, as this only covers X-ray scanners.

I wonder if that means that horrible cattle market style security in Manchester airport will be better by the time the WeX family goes on its summer holiday.

I wonder if that means that horrible cattle market style security in Manchester airport will be better by the time the WeX family goes on its summer holiday.

Whilst it can be a pain at the airport (and I'm one of the first to moan at the delay etc) I do realise that the security measures are there for a damned good reason...the alternative is unthinkable.

Whilst it can be a pain at the airport (and I'm one of the first to moan at the delay etc) I do realise that the security measures are there for a damned good reason...the alternative is unthinkable.

can you name one single security breach that would have been prevented by these scanners?

im sorry the above is a loaded question. The head of BAA security admitted only recently that they would never have prevented any previous terrorist attack.

the scanners are there to make someone a lot of money and nothing more.

can you name one single security breach that would have been prevented by these scanners?

the scanners are there to make someone a lot of money and nothing more.

Sorry, I'm not qualified enough to answer the first question....maybe the shoe bomber or the bloke with exploding underpants?

As for the money making bit, I'm sure you can quantify that statement.

Anything that can act as a deterrent to terrorists I'm all for it. I do a lot of flying and I like to feel comfortable and safe.

Sorry, I'm not qualified enough to answer the first question....maybe the shoe bomber or the bloke with exploding underpants?

As for the money making bit, I'm sure you can quantify that statement.

Anything that can act as a deterrent to terrorists I'm all for it. I do a lot of flying and I like to feel comfortable and safe.

how about strip searches for everyone-Im sure you wouldn't oppose that because that would definitely make you and your children safer!

how about strip searches for everyone-Im sure you wouldn't oppose that because that would definitely make you and your children safer!

I think you'll find that strip searches are in place already as a deterrent and are frequently used under the correct circumstances. Your point about it being used for everybody was a bit silly and childish wasn't it!

I think you'll find that strip searches are in place already as a deterrent and are frequently used under the correct circumstances. Your point about it being used for everybody was a bit silly and childish wasn't it!

Why:confused:

Your exact phrase was:

"Anything that can act as a deterrent to terrorists I'm all for it. I do a lot of flying and I like to feel comfortable and safe."

If you make a stupid statement you should be willing to accept a contradiction!

Why:confused:

Your exact phrase was:

"Anything that can act as a deterrent to terrorists I'm all for it. I do a lot of flying and I like to feel comfortable and safe."

If you make a stupid statement you should be willing to accept a contradiction!

As I said, strip searches are already there as a DETERRENT

You inferred that strip searches should be there as a matter of course for everyone which, is silly and a childish comment

Archived