Eating out on Christmas or New Years.. where?

Azendi

Hi,

I would like to know of a nice place to eat out with boyfriend on either of above dates... Something cozy, as opposed to the row of stuff you have at centertainment. It doesn't have to be cheap, £30 per person with main course + dessert and possibly drinks around.

I am currently in Sweden and we have loads of "nice" restaurants that are around £100 for two, but I am celebrating xmas in England and would like to treat my significant other to a night out in a relaxed place with lovely food and service :) Sadly I am not too educated on where you can eat out in Sheffield!

Any help appreciated!

Sounds like you are pretty flexible then in terms of dates, around Christmas and New Year? If so, that's good as the best places do get booked up before Christmas and there's not much going on between Christmas Day and the New Year (although some places will be open).

If you want somewhere in the city centre, then you could try somewhere like the Bar & Grill in Leopold Square. I don't suppose you know Stockholm? But if you do then you'll surely know the Cafe Opera - I'd say the Bar & Grill is along similar lines to that in terms of feel and decor. (It's not as good as Cafe Opera btw - but I'm just trying to give you an idea of what it's like - quite mod and trendy - nice food and good range of drinks/cocktails - somewhere you could dress up a bit if you want to).

I have to say the best restaurant around is Marco @ Milano's. Which is just a 10 minute cab ride from the centre of the city. If you are used to good quality things - and it sounds like you are - then you would enjoy Marco's for sure. It isn't cheap but you really do get what you pay for. It's quite a smallish place but for a romantic dinner for two it would be great.

Other good restaurants, not far from the centre, include Rafters near Fulwood, Moran's (or is it called "carriages" now?) near Dore, Artisan at Crosspool, but none of these quite have the same atmosphere or feel to them as what I've already mentioned.

If you want to go further afield then the Devonshire Arms at Beeley is very cozy with very good food (and bedrooms). And there's loads more in Derbyshire - just ask if you want further recommendations.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived