Cheap car insurance

Ahhh Kwikfit insurance.

They refused to insure me (following a cheap quote on the comparison website) as my car had been 'modified'.

The modification?

Well, I had replaced the (faulty) car radio/cd player with an aftermarket one from Argos that cost about £60.

They ring me up every year trying to get my business to which I tell them to, well, you can imagine lol

That was one of the stories.

My friend was insured by them and replaced the non working stereo. When his car was in an accident they refused the claim as the car had been modified. Im not sure what the outcome was but i do know hes paying a good wedge more than before.

That was one of the stories.

My friend was insured by them and replaced the non working stereo. When his car was in an accident they refused the claim as the car had been modified. Im not sure what the outcome was but i do know hes paying a good wedge more than before.

I was lucky i suppose, as I only mentioned it jokingly when the advisor asked if my car had been modified in any way.

i was insured by kwik fit too for my 1st year n never had a problem so thought nothing of it when he got insured by them :-( im glad i dint stick with them now, it was nothing too do with direct debit would completly understand if it was but they took a full months money on 11th oct so wasnt due untill 11th november but they cancelled it on 23rd october , they have a cheek taking a full months then cancelling it if ya ask me , kwik fit have openly admitted that they hadnt gave him warning or reason for cancelling and said he has a good case against them n a solicitor said he will b able too sue them 4 the loss of his car that got inpounded cos of them,

he wouldnt not declare it hes like me and doesnt like looking over his shoulder he would rather b without a car than that but im stuck been the txi n i hate driving haha

Archived