When will Mervyn King be right

When will inflation get back to 2%  

7 members have voted

1. 1. When will inflation get back to 2%

• 6 months
    • 1 year
    • 2 years
    • 3 years

When will Mervyn King be right, for three years he has been saying inflation will come down. Sooner or later he will be right, my guess is later unless he pulls his figure out of his ass and ups interest rates.

It doesnt matter, we all die in 2012 anyway.

When will Mervyn King be right, for three years he has been saying inflation will come down.

Even longer than that.

Here's Merv the Swerve in 2007.

Delivering the Bank's quarterly inflation report, he made clear his belief that it will be 2009 - the likeliest date for a general election following Gordon Brown's decision not to go to the country this month - before growth picks up and inflation is brought under control.

LINK

And by the time 2009 came along....

"With Bank rate following the market yield curve and a stock of asset purchases of £175bn, inflation is more likely to be below the target than above it in the medium term."

LINK

The man was and is an utter fraud.

And what do we get today? More quantitative easing (money printing in other words).

Bank of England signals more QE

Economic activity will be “broadly flat” until the middle of next year, the Bank of England warned in a gloomy inflation report which signalled that its Monetary Policy Committee will announce more quantitative easing in the coming months.

Sir Mervyn King, the governor, said on Wednesday that “inflation is more likely to be below than above the target” over the next two years, implying that the Bank believes more asset purchases will be necessary.

LINK

"inflation is more likely to be below than above the target”. Merv that's exactly what you said in 2009, you utter, utter charlatan!

Even longer than that.

Here's Merv the Swerve in 2007.

LINK

And by the time 2009 came along....

LINK

The man was and is an utter fraud.

And what do we get today? More quantitative easing (money printing in other words).

LINK

"inflation is more likely to be below than above the target”. Merv that's exactly what you said in 2009, you utter, utter charlatan!

what you worried about Baaaaaarnsely Bill, I thought you had all your savings in gold!:rolleyes:

It doesnt matter, we all die in 2012 anyway.

I missed that policy in the coalition manifesto.

However David Cameron did have a press conference the other day in which he said "...it's only fair that human sacrifices have to be made if we're to reduce this deficit. All hail Cthulhu!".

Probably.

He was right when even he admitted:

"Of all the many ways of organising banking, the worst is the one we have today".

I think what he means is the banking system is so ****ed up that people like Mervyn King get to be governor of the BoE.

He was right when even he admitted:

"Of all the many ways of organising banking, the worst is the one we have today".

I think what he means is the banking system is so ****ed up that people like Mervyn King get to be governor of the BoE.

The banking system is a ponzi scheme. Has been for hundreds of years.

Archived