Doom and Gloom..

I am in the worst financial state I've ever been in right now, having a 10 week old baby, maternity pay and bills! But I have never been happier. My baby girl makes me realise the small things in life are what matter. I don't watch the news and I don't concern myself with what's going on in the world. Some people may think that's crazy (my sister included) but why get myself all worked up and concerned about what's going to happen and what I really have no control over. Just take every day as it comes and make sure I keep a smile on mine and mainly my baby girls face :)

I am in the worst financial state I've ever been in right now, having a 10 week old baby, maternity pay and bills! But I have never been happier. My baby girl makes me realise the small things in life are what matter. I don't watch the news and I don't concern myself with what's going on in the world. Some people may think that's crazy (my sister included) but why get myself all worked up and concerned about what's going to happen and what I really have no control over. Just take every day as it comes and make sure I keep a smile on mine and mainly my baby girls face :)

Close your eyes, count to 10 and it will all go away

In the time of doom and gloom, when you are never too far from the scare mongerers or doom merchants, don't you think it's time we (the people) concentrated on the little things that we take for granted in life. You never know, it might makes us realise we don't need the material things to make us happy.[/Quote]

"as poor as a church mouse" thats me.

but i'll try not to complain to much.

as my dear old mum used to say..."there's always someone worse off then yourself"

I love the fact that a thread which starts by saying "we don't need the material things to make us happy" has an advert for Tiffany & Co Jewellers on it!

I agree wholeheartedly with the OP - make the most of what you have, especially time, and don't regret anything

focus on the positives and disregard the negatives

take pleasure from the small things in life

keep smiling - it makes you feel happier

Regards

Platitudes r us

Archived