Anyone remember Climax or Fanny's in Dronfield?

Andy C

I remember going to Fannys at Owler Bar its now Moorlands Carvery, ( very nice and gud value! )In those days I used to live at Totley so my Dad used to give me and friend a lift dont think went in many times preferring to go to town in those days our favourite being Turn Ups sometimes Romeo and Juliets later Cairos or Sinatras. I remember my Dad asked the dj if he could play his jazz records! Oh the shame this was the 80s and jazz wasnt in all disco. I wud give anythin to be embarrassed by him now tho as he sadly died 2 years ago. Been laughing at the post by Derby tup!

The event is on Friday 27th January from 8pm to 1am with free entry and 2-for-1 cocktails for the ladies!

Were these around before the Sex Discrimination act that disallows services or goods being supplied based on peoples gender?

Will this include transsexuals that were added to the Act in 2008?

Cannot even imagine the Hearts of Oak being a suitable place to re-create those special heady days.

Nice covert advertising Andy as I gather you are Andrea's partner...

I think you've got the wrong Andy..... And you'll find I support a lot of real ale pubs and bars on here!

Archived