Rest in peace Geoff!!

Veteran of WW2, Korea and if you believe his tall stories Ireland, the falklands and even the first gulf war:hihi:

Anyway, such a grand bloke who fought for his country with honour and distinction, raised 4 amazing kids who in turn gave him 11 grand kids.

He collected poppies every year since year dot raising thousands for those less fortunate than himself, walked for charity, kept pigeons and had a wicked sense of humor.

He passed away peacefully with all his loved ones around him (just like he wanted) in the comort of his own home.

Gramps Geoff, You will be sadly missed:(

Veteran of WW2, Korea and if you believe his tall stories Ireland, the falklands and even the first gulf war:hihi:

Anyway, such a grand bloke who fought for his country with honour and distinction, raised 4 amazing kids who in turn gave him 11 grand kids.

He collected poppies every year since year dot raising thousands for those less fortunate than himself, walked for charity, kept pigeons and had a wicked sense of humor.

He passed away peacefully with all his loved ones around him (just like he wanted) in the comort of his own home.

Gramps Geoff, You will be sadly missed:(

thats a nice tribute youv'e paid to someone dear to you.:)

R I P GEOFF.

Must have been the longest serving soldier on record. One for the Guiness book :D

From the end of WW2 .... 1945 to the first Gulf War 1991/92 .........46 years?????

A pub story if ever there was one

I didnt know that the army were semding Chelsea pensioners off on acrive service :hihi:

Must have been the longest serving soldier on record. One for the Guiness book :D

From the end of WW2 .... 1945 to the first Gulf War 1992 .........46 years????? :huh:

Even if he had been only 20 years old at the end of WW2 he would then have been around 66 by the time of the first Guilf war

If this is true what was his rank on retirement ? Major-General or thereabouts ?

I've never heard of any military organisation that allows service beyond 30 years or thereabouts and especially up until the age of 66 :confused:

I think it was quite clear these stories were told with tongue in cheek!

What a nice tribute to your gramps, gramps are the best it's so sad to see that generation going.

From the end of WW2 .... 1945 to the first Gulf War 1992 .........46 years????? :huh:

Even if he had been only 20 years old at the end of WW2 he would then have been around 66 by the time of the first Guilf war

If this is true what was his rank on retirement ? Major-General or thereabouts ?

I've never heard of any military organisation that allows service beyond 30 years or thereabouts and especially up until the age of 66 :confused:

Perhaps that's why Geoff was so special to Chun Li,he could make magic happen.

R.I.P.

Archived