Parking near the M1

Does anyone know the best place to park near the M1, I am meeting a colleague tomorrow and car sharing down to Birmingham. I have driven up to the lay by up on the A57 near Hardwick village and they have double yellow lines down on the short bit of road that goes nowhere, and the lay by across the road has limited waiting time. Any ideas would be welcome.

Does anyone know the best place to park near the M1, I am meeting a colleague tomorrow and car sharing down to Birmingham. I have driven up to the lay by up on the A57 near Hardwick village and they have double yellow lines down on the short bit of road that goes nowhere, and the lay by across the road has limited waiting time. Any ideas would be welcome.

I think the nearest place to park up for the day are the laybys on both sides of the road (Astonway A57) but it would mean a walk up the grass verge of about 500 yards. There are no signs to say no pedestrians allowed. I live in Aston and have walk down that route many a time sometimes on the verge or on the wide-ish central grassy reservation.

Try Jct 30 Sheffield side there is two laybys both sides used by people for the same purpose you need,hope this helps!!

Archived