Are Wicca and witchcraft evil?

You may be right of course. But it was certainly complete enough to find out the things she refused to tell me. It was like having a Jeckle and Hyde character. I didn't like a lot of things she admitted to (eventually). Skyclad, threefold kissing, and of course the initiation rituals which included beatings with whips or similar implements.

Here's a very small extract from a BOS I've just found.

"It is known that a coven may be bound together by sexual ties, and that this is often not desirable. When it is found that this is not desirable, the coven should be made up of loving couples, and there may also be single coveners. In such cases, it is required that the search for new love be undertaken outside the coven except when two single coveners find love with each other; otherwise, it will often cause division in the coven. For while all acts of love and pleasure are indeed the rituals of our beloved Goddess, She is not inclined to favor acts which divide Her covens and scatter Her Witches unnecessarily."

I really don't want to share a life with someone who cannot be faithful to me! But it seems it's part and parcel of being a Gardnerian Witch.

It's just my unfortunate experience of it I'm afraid.

You read that as some kind of instruction not to be faithful to you... Maybe your relationship failed due to poor English comprehension skills.

You read that as some kind of instruction not to be faithful to you... Maybe your relationship failed due to poor English comprehension skills.

If you can't participate intelligently without resorting to personal insults in a discussion, then go post somewhere else. Or is your post designed to illicit and angry response? (I fear the latter)

No, it's a comment on how you interpreted what was written.

"It is known that a coven may be bound together by sexual ties, and that this is often not desirable. When it is found that this is not desirable, the coven should be made up of loving couples, and there may also be single coveners. In such cases, it is required that the search for new love be undertaken outside the coven except when two single coveners find love with each other; otherwise, it will often cause division in the coven. For while all acts of love and pleasure are indeed the rituals of our beloved Goddess, She is not inclined to favor acts which divide Her covens and scatter Her Witches unnecessarily.

So you were the new love outside the coven for the single covener. How does that imply in any way that she was going to be unfaithful?

Is it an insult to note that someone has poor English comprehension when they've just demonstrated such? Is any negative observation now an insult?

No, it's a comment on how you interpreted what was written.

So you were the new love outside the coven for the single covener. How does that imply in any way that she was going to be unfaithful?

Is it an insult to note that someone has poor English comprehension when they've just demonstrated such? Is any negative observation now an insult?

I suggest you go and find a 'complete' BOS, read it, and then comment. That quote from 'one' that I came across, was meant as a flavour of the contents. As to go into 'graphic detail' in here is inappropriate.

I suggest you go and find a 'complete' BOS, read it, and then comment. That quote from 'one' that I came across, was meant as a flavour of the contents. As to go into 'graphic detail' in here is inappropriate.

where IS this book of shadows i may ask?...is it online?

GF

Yes GrayFace. The original one I found was on line, but I think it was moved or taken off at some point after I saw it. But there's several out there. Some more, some less extreme. I'll see if I can track down the one I referred to originally and post the link.

That's if my limited intellect (according to Cyclone) will allow!....lol

I don't understand the difference? (forgive me if I appear to be thick).

Surely the 'old way' has got to be from an age when they had no comprehension of the laws of physics and thought the earth was flat?

what about their ability of archeoastronmy?

x

I found a similar BOS to the one I found originally it's here:

http://www.sacred-texts.com/pag/gbos/index.htm

I'm afraid it's just as toe-curling (to me) as the other I found....lol

hmmmn, just wiki'd aiden kelly and his sources also made me go 'hmmmn' ;)plus aiden kelly who wrote and compiled that bos is a neopagan

GF XX

Archived