US preparing for war with China?

China has both the wealth and the man power to afford a slight loss of both - The US will never try to have a war with them though, on account the US has to be on it's best behaviour with China now and possibly forever as China 'owns' America on account of them bailing the US out financially in a huge way...

It's a two way thing between China and America, China also need the US to buy it's products; it's the main reason that they've been supporting the US economy so much.

Well, you don't need it here either, but the people who work there like it when you do. So I try to have it. They're always so happy when you say, "wait! I have the receipt!" Also, with the receipt, you can return something no matter how long you've had it. Without the receipt, it's deleted from their system after so long and you're out of luck.

I'd love to visit the Costco in Sheffield, just to see the different stuff they have! Are the warehouses as big? You guys must think we're terrible gluttons. I guess we are. I have to say, the UK Costco website is terrible. And no jewelry department! But I do love the way they spell Tyre Centre and Photo Centre. :hihi:

No one's going to war. The Chinese need us to keep buying their stuff and we can't afford it. There.

The Sheffield warehouse is huge. There isn't a jewelry department as such, its just a few cabinets at the front of the store in between the TV'S and the office equipment!

Would I be right in saying that Costco's in the US sell coffins and even guns in some states?

New reports suggest that the situation is actually becoming much more dangerous. Just a few weeks after NATO declares that it is preparing for war with either Iran or Syria, Russia is now manouvering its military to ensure that Syria is protected:

http://rabble.ca/columnists/2011/11/nato-beats-drums-war-against-syria-and-iran

http://www.haaretz.com/news/middle-east/report-russia-warships-to-enter-syria-waters-in-bid-to-stem-foreign-intervention-1.396359

News is still coming out daily about deteriorating US-Chinese relations regarding South Pacific oil reserves:

http://af.reuters.com/article/energyOilNews/idAFL3E7MI27F20111119

I realise there's still the potential for all of this to blow over, but I don't think we can easily discount each nation's thirst for gas and oil having seen what happened in Iraq and Afghanistan.

The Sheffield warehouse is huge. There isn't a jewelry department as such, its just a few cabinets at the front of the store in between the TV'S and the office equipment!

Would I be right in saying that Costco's in the US sell coffins and even guns in some states?

I'd still love to see it, just to see what products sell well in the UK. The one I frequent does have a jewelry department, section? Of course around the Holidays, Valentines Day, they expand. They also will feature local artists, jewelry makers and they have some very unique things. The one gripe I have is that since they're always getting something new, nothing is ever in the same place twice.

I know they do sell coffins (online) but I've never seen any in the store. Can you imagine?! Guns, I don't know. I've never seen any in the store, but that doesn't mean Costcos in other states don't have them.

Why are 'tyre centre and photo centre' funny? Wouldn't it be more peculiar for a store the size of costco to misspell words? I hate to see companies using bad spelling - makes them look as though they employ numpties...

It's spelled correctly for where it is, and that's fine. It's just not something I see where I live. Also, it looks like the 'fake' Olde English that some merchants in the US will use to make their product stand out.

Whoa! $250!! Wow. We get a little less than $100 from American Express, but I'll take it. I read somewhere that Costco makes no money on the actual prices of merchandise, which I can believe. Their profit comes from the membership fees. But I do love that store. I've never seen a return policy like theirs. We even returned a mattress we'd had for a year, we had the receipt and it was undamaged (their requirements) but I was astounded.

I think their Mocha freeze is just the Latte freeze with chocolate syrup. I'm not big on coffee drinks but I know those things are popular, especially in the summer, they sell a lot of them.

And for those who make it to our side of the pond. Anyone can eat at the Costco Food Court. You don't need to be a member. I always see nearby office workers, construction workers, etc. when I go there. You can also call ahead and order food and they'll have it ready at the pick-up window. They sell whole pizzas for $10. And I'm talking the diameter of a car tire. Tons of pizza. :hihi:

Sorry. Got the figure wrong. Checked with the missus and she says it used to be around $180.00 but now Mastercard is reducing that amount. Why am I not surprised? Par for the course these days. :rolleyes:

What do you think about all these big stores opening at midnight on Thanksgiving for the Black Friday sales?

Do you think it's fair on the employees to have to come into work at that time when Thanksgiving day is meant to be shared with family?.

The only stores not opening at midnight and closed Thanksgiving are JC Pennys and Sears although their sister company K Mart will be open that day.

Really it's hard to believe where the real truth lies. The stores say that because of the current economic situation and lackluster sales they need to open at this hour to generate as much profit as possible while the other school of thought says that it's just big corporate greed.

Walmart needless to say is ahead of the rest and opening at 10:00 PM Thanksgiving Day and will be open all night long and the following day although some Super Walmarts stay open 24/7 I've heard.

I'd never be desperate enough to shop for anything at midnight although this time around I might just make an exception and join the line up outside our Best Buy store for a good deal on a new Camcorder

It's spelled correctly for where it is, and that's fine. It's just not something I see where I live. Also, it looks like the 'fake' Olde English that some merchants in the US will use to make their product stand out.

And the products all come from China :hihi:

Would I be right in saying that Costco's in the US sell coffins and even guns in some states?[/QUOTE]

Only the store in Tombstone , Arizona

Sorry. Got the figure wrong. Checked with the missus and she says it used to be around $180.00 but now Mastercard is reducing that amount. Why am I not surprised? Par for the course these days. :rolleyes:

What do you think about all these big stores opening at midnight on Thanksgiving for the Black Friday sales?

Do you think it's fair on the employees to have to come into work at that time when Thanksgiving day is meant to be shared with family?.

The only stores not opening at midnight and closed Thanksgiving are JC Pennys and Sears although their sister company K Mart will be open that day.

Really it's hard to believe where the real truth lies. The stores say that because of the current economic situation and lackluster sales they need to open at this hour to generate as much profit as possible while the other school of thought says that it's just big corporate greed.

Walmart needless to say is ahead of the rest and opening at 10:00 PM Thanksgiving Day and will be open all night long and the following day although some Super Walmarts stay open 24/7 I've heard.

I'd never be desperate enough to shop for anything at midnight although this time around I might just make an exception and join the line up outside our Best Buy store for a good deal on a new Camcorder

Well, $180 is still pretty good. They pay you for buying what you were going to buy already.

10 pm? The turkey leftovers aren't completely cleaned up and there are probably relatives still lingering? Make 'em accompany you to Walmart and carry your stuff! I think the crazy Black Friday sales are ridiculous. Waiting in line in the cold? Maybe if I were younger. When my children were small, I let a neighbor talk me into going with her at 4 am. We hit a couple stores and were back home by noon. I did get some good deals, but I was totally wiped out. The crowds, the long lines. Mostly, people were well behaved, but I think never again.

My niece and her boyfriend camped out outside a Best Buy in San Jose last year and snagged a flat screen TV. I don't remember how much they paid, but it was a great deal.

The shopping has gotten to the point that it's ridiculous, we all have far too much stuff. I would love to see these stores just give everyone the day off. (with pay!) Of course they would never think of doing that. That's what these bean counters don't get. Something crazy like that might generate more publicity and good will than they could ever buy.

If I do any Black Friday shopping, it'll be online.

Eh? That makes no sense at all? 'Olde' English is pretty shonky and used in tea 'shoppes' in York etc, but regular correct spellings like 'tyre centre' and 'photo centre' are just words that are spelt correctly ?

Archived