US preparing for war with China?

It's a two way thing between China and America, China also need the US to buy it's products; it's the main reason that they've been supporting the US economy so much.

Yes, China does not care a fig who buys their product, as long as they do and they buy loads! Europe will do, the middle east, japan... America is in debt to them though - and they're not a country or a people to be in debt to... America will never be on top again now, but every empire falls when a new one rises - even England were up there once, you know! Rome, Egypt - Now it'll be a bun fight between China and India, but China has a bit of a head start, so they'll probably be in the driving seat...

Eh? That makes no sense at all? 'Olde' English is pretty shonky and used in tea 'shoppes' in York etc, but regular correct spellings like 'tyre centre' and 'photo centre' are just words that are spelt correctly ?

We are yanks. We wouldn't know real Olde English if it came up and bit us. In the same way that I've seen T-shirts and "American" items sold in tourist areas that are as far from the real thing as you could get. It's close enough, and the potential customers won't know the difference. It's what we think ye olde english looks like.

Yes, China does not care a fig who buys their product, as long as they do and they buy loads! Europe will do, the middle east, japan... America is in debt to them though - and they're not a country or a people to be in debt to... America will never be on top again now, but every empire falls when a new one rises - even England were up there once, you know! Rome, Egypt - Now it'll be a bun fight between China and India, but China has a bit of a head start, so they'll probably be in the driving seat...

the american dream is over and its time to wake up.

Eh? That makes no sense at all? 'Olde' English is pretty shonky and used in tea 'shoppes' in York etc, but regular correct spellings like 'tyre centre' and 'photo centre' are just words that are spelt correctly ?

Isn't the Yorkshire dialect a bit of old English, "thee" "tha" "gee'ooer" "sithee" "aye"

I've heard some of it dates back to the Danes.

English is a constantly evolving language. It dont matter a "fyg" how you spell tire or center just so long as the word is mutually understood by the speakers.

No doubt some critics would find fault with the word "program" instead of what they claim is the correct spelling "programme" which is how the French still spell it but to me that extra "m" and "e" is just pure redundancy

the american dream is over and its time to wake up.

Dont know if it is or isn't but at least there was a dream. Your pals in the middle east will never have it. The Arab spring is already turning into the Arab nightmare in Egypt and Libya will be sure to follow. As for Syria? Gawd help us :rolleyes:

We are yanks. We wouldn't know real Olde English if it came up and bit us. In the same way that I've seen T-shirts and "American" items sold in tourist areas that are as far from the real thing as you could get. It's close enough, and the potential customers won't know the difference. It's what we think ye olde english looks like.

Ah - I see! I am always amazed how odd 'US English' is when I use microsoft! When spoken, some words are mispronounced too - like aluminimum... I have to say I have never been to the US, and don't watch US TV/films, as I don't get the references etc, so stick to european entertainment... Whenever I do hear or see American English it always amazes me though...

I think we can pretty much say goodbye to planet earth if this actually ever happened.

2012 is nearly upon us,more and more UFO sightings.:o

I think they will go for Iran next,Obama said he is going to pull troops out of Iraq or Afghan by the end of the year.

Half our economic problems here are caused by your economic mess over there. The other half is caused by the Ding Bat Tea Party Republicans over here.

Good luck to Europe getting any assistance from the Chinese if ever they get into the driving seat. They'll use you and screw you and leave you dangling in the wind. That's the way those people are. All for themselves so dont kid yourself.

Half our economic problems here are caused by your economic mess over there. The other half is caused by the Ding Bat Tea Party Republicans over here.

Good luck on Europe getting any assistance from the Chinese if ever they get into the driving seat. They'll use you and screw you and leave you dangling in the wind. That's the way those people are. All for themselves

That is exactly what europe says about the US! - without our banks dabbling in sub prime US mortgages, we'd be fine and dandy... isn't it funny how one country says one story, and another says the same but the other way around...

England has some interesting links with china - England traditionally is of the 'I'm alright Jack!' mentality too - I am not sure we'd ever want to get into bed with them in the 'owing' them cash stakes as the US has - perhaps America had no other option? Not sure, as the news re America in the UK may not be 100% reliable... Not kidding myself -America hasn't been the best pal the UK could have had! Like a drunken cousin, kicking off mindlessly on a saturday night... they're your cousin, so you get involved, but eventually you need to walk away and hang out with more sedate people... Love how america sees itself in a different light from how it seen abroad - very cute!

Archived