US preparing for war with China?

I have to say that your love of your lands is sweet - there are still some in the UK who bang on as though England is still up there, and we're two empires behind now! Chinese culture is very interesting though - although their TV shows are heavy on the costume drama, the films are excellent :)

And they still dont have a clue about the basic concept of civil rights. Ask the thousands of dissidents in their jails and what happened to the Tibetans a couple years back.

The only Chinese culture I find worthwhile is a bowl of Wonton soup and egg rolls to go :D

Ah - I see! I am always amazed how odd 'US English' is when I use microsoft! When spoken, some words are mispronounced too - like aluminimum... I have to say I have never been to the US, and don't watch US TV/films, as I don't get the references etc, so stick to european entertainment... Whenever I do hear or see American English it always amazes me though...

I know, it's hilarious! Think of that site...is it Engrish.com? It's like that. :hihi:

We rented The Long Good Friday and had to watch it with the subtitles on. Between Bob Hoskins' Cockney slang and the accents....

And they still dont have a clue about the basic concept of civil rights. Ask the thousands of dissidents in their jails and what happened to the Tibetans a couple years back.

The only Chinese culture I find worthwhile is a bowl of Wonton soup and egg rolls to go :D

No - you are spot on! The country is still very damaged mentally from it's communist days, even the BBC can't be broadcast there! CNN can though - largely because it doesn't 'attack' as BBC can do at times... I have a close friend born there - at 14 she saw a boy from her class in school shot in front of the class, as he had been caught shoplifting... This was 30 years ago, and she has never forgotten it... Americans, and also Europeans, are coddled compared to the Chinese...

I know, it's hilarious! Think of that site...is it Engrish.com? It's like that. :hihi:

We rented The Long Good Friday and had to watch it with the subtitles on. Between Bob Hoskins' Cockney slang and the accents....

Don't you find it odd though? Without trying to be a smart arse - Think about it, Australia and Ireland also speak English, and they write in English too...

That is exactly what europe says about the US! - without our banks dabbling in sub prime US mortgages, we'd be fine and dandy... isn't it funny how one country says one story, and another says the same but the other way around...

England has some interesting links with china - England traditionally is of the 'I'm alright Jack!' mentality too - I am not sure we'd ever want to get into bed with them in the 'oweing' them cash stakes as the US has - perhaps America had no other option? Not sure, as the news re America in the UK may not be 100% reliable...

That's a very small part of the story. The prroblem with countries like Greece and now Italy is that they have both been living way beyond their means, spending money like a couple of drunken sailors for years, incomes far below expenditures. Greece and Italy have been told to get their finances in order and the population dont like the measures that will have to take place to make that happen. The Greek Prime Minister couldn't handle it and quit so did Italy's Berlasconi and the crisis is going to get worse and not only drag Europe down but the the US as well.

Once the US and Europe go into the second deep recessions or maybe even a depression China will be in big trouble also. Their exports will drop to the point that factories will close everywhere and untold thousands of workers kicked out into the street.

It's all coming, mark my words

Don't you find it odd though? Without trying to be a smart arse - Think about it, Australia and Ireland also speak English, and they write in English too...

Yup, I do. It's actually kind of interesting. There are words used by the British colonists that survived in America, but not in England. The regional differences, too. It's always amazed me that such a small place as England can have so many accents.

Archived