Vibrating platforms do they work

i was just wondering if anyone has used the exercise vibrating platforms that they have in many saloons do they work it says it guarantees to drop dress size in 3 weeks are they worth buying ??? i was thinking of getting 1 :huh:

The only way you are going to drop any weight is by eating a sensible diet and partaking in regular exercise. There are no fast and easy ways to losing weight, unless you fancy cosmetic surgery.

There is no way you will lose dress sizes, or indeed any weight at all, with a vibration plate. None.

I've tried the ones at Ponds Forge several times and, while they can help with toning up as they make holding certain poses harder and therefore work the muscles a bit more, the main effect is to make you nauseous.

Think about it logically - how would standing still and wobbling make you lose weight?! The only way to really get any benefit is to hold poses such as Pilates moves on them, but you're just as well doing Pilates or yoga moves in front of the TV at home.

If you want to lose weight you need to do cardiovascular exercise and get the heart rate going. Teaming that with weights would make even more of a difference. The best thing you could do is pull on a pair of trainers and start jogging,and it's far cheaper.

But if you're set on trying a vibro plate, join a gym with a good one (far better than the ones you can buy for home use) and use that, just to prove to yourself that it doesn't work before you fork out a fortune.

You can get three-month contracts at Fitness Unlimited I think, which would work out at around £75. That way you get full use of not only a vibro plate, but gym equipment that actually WORKS!

Archived