Vibrating platforms do they work

different things work for different people.

I would still maintain though, that vibro plates are no substitute for cardiovascular exercise and aren't an easy short cut to a toned body.

I agree- you need to trial it at a gym with proper instruction before deciding if it's for you or not and yes, you need to still do some cardio to keep fit. Although the powerplate tones me up 10 times as fast as not using it, I don't think it would be as effective without a cardio warmup first!

i was just wondering if anyone has used the exercise vibrating platforms that they have in many saloons do they work it says it guarantees to drop dress size in 3 weeks are they worth buying ??? i was thinking of getting 1 :huh:

i dont know if they work but my next door neighbour has one and it drives me nuts i can hear the buzzing all around the house and she seems to spend ages on it

:rant::rant:

They are AWESOME for stretching. I am fairly fit but have never been able to touch my feet..... Within two minutes of using the machine I was there.

Best way of using them I've found is to do some running, stretch on the plate and then run more...... Feels great.

They are really great for making the bits of you that want to be tense be un-tense aren't they?

I have a problem with my hamstrings and hip flexors becoming too tight, which result in all sorts of other problems with my body, including really serious pain in my knees which I thought was something really serious.

I haven't been able to go to yoga classes for some time (they clashed with another obligation and my finances can't cope with starting again at the moment) so I was really struggling with my hips and hamstrings- but not any more, since I've worked out how to do industrial hip flexor stretching on the power plate :)

Best bit for me is that you can easily exercise very hard to exercise muscles. The Turbosonic (I can only speak about the Turbo) works through different frequencies as you stand there doing nothing. At frequency 13 to 16 it can exercise your facial and neck muscles so even though I still have more weight to lose (size 14 now) I no longer have a double chin, my face and neck are much slimmer which is a massive boost. And all for just 10 minutes a day. It's like a free facial really because it exercises other areas of your body at the same time. I just wish I had known about it years ago. It even soothes away tension headaches and shoulder stiffness. The only downside to it being at Lynda V Price is that you get tempted to have other beauty treatments but I usually try to wait for Groupon vouchers.Even my Dad uses the Turbosonic now. I just wish i could afford the £10,000 to have one in my house.

I do actually like them. They're good for toning up, but I'm not sure about loosing weight...They are also very good for the skin...I look radiant since I've been using one...:hihi:

They're also good on days when you can't face a work out, at least you get some exercise..

They have them in the Hillsborough Leisure Centre and you can use them as part of the gym membership for free.

A word of warning though if you're thinking of buying one. A good one, like those at the gym, cost thousands. I bought my own a while ago for 350.00 quid and it was rubbish. I gave it away in the end....:thumbsup:

Archived