Coughs and colds antibiotics discouraged.what are your remedies?

Strangley enough I haven't had a cough or a cold since I got swine flu about 2 years ago. That's despite have people sneezing and coughing their guts up all around me. Maybe catching swine flu was the best option.

I had swine 'flu two years ago and have only just recovered from a stinking cold that lasted two weeks. It may have worked in some fashion for you, but clearly it wasn't a universal solution.

If I get a sore throat of any kind I drink water as hot as I can stand it, litterally seconds from boiling. of course it hurts, but I swear it kills anything down there. have never had tonsilitus or similar with this technique

drinking hot liquids is thought to be a cause of cancer

ginger, lemon, and honey helps relieve symptoms.

can anyone think of anything better.

A teaspoon of Vicks in a bowl with some hot water, sit with your face over it with a towel over your head and the bowl to keep the steam in.

You look a complete state afterwards but if you have a cold that bad you don't care and it's great for unblocking the nose ;)

Archived