Tory MP calls for benefit cap for families with over 4 kids

On what do you base that opinion?

I'm assuming the poster means if you're capable physically and mentally to do voluntary work the same would apply for paid work.

The point with voluntary work is it tends to cater for the disability and the severity of it. Most companies don't..even though there's discrimination law to prevent it.

The idiotic belief that employment is sitting waiting ready to be filled by the disabled is just that..idiotic. There aren't enough jobs for the able.

I'm assuming the poster means if you're capable physically and mentally to do voluntary work the same would apply for paid work.

The point with voluntary work is it tends to cater for the disability and the severity of it. Most companies don't..even though there's discrimination law to prevent it.

The idiotic belief that employment is sitting waiting ready to be filled by the disabled is just that..idiotic. There aren't enough jobs for the able.

There are most certainly people who will use this as an excuse, many companies cater for the disabled, these days you can get on disability if your an Alcho.

If people wanted work they would get it, if benefits suddenly stopped they would find work.

But lets be honest with how high benefit payments are who would want to work??

One poster already admitted in another post that if he took full time employment it would mess up there benefits.

Have to agree with her,if you are on benefits and want big families don't expect the taxpayer to pay for it.

Exactly! I go to work to support my family. Why should I have to pay taxes to support Tina Towerblock popping one out every year?

If you can't afford them, don't have them!

Have to agree with her,if you are on benefits and want big families don't expect the taxpayer to pay for it.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-15790806

It's a bit rich coming from someone who played a direct role in the credit crunch though her position as MD of Morgan Stanley Chase London Branch until 2008 though. So rich in fact, that it makes me want to throw up.

Benefits are meant as an hand up …………… not a handout ………… some people need that printed in bold on their claims forms.

£500 a week is far too generous and way above the average working man, when someone on benefits gets more than a working man something is wrong ……………. Very wrong.

Large benefits families should certainly be discouraged, however, it is not moral nor ethical t punish the children for their parents' feckless lives and irresponsibility. I would suggest that after 3 children, all existing child related and further benefit is payable only in food and children's clothing vouchers; multiple births should be exempt of course.

Archived