Tory MP calls for benefit cap for families with over 4 kids

Shouldn't that be the case for child benefits in the first place, to prevent them becoming 'fag & lager' benefits?

After some kind of assessment for the long term benefit claimants with kids, yes, I think that it should, to ensure that said chilren are being provided for adequately.

But what I am saying is that should certain areas be excluded to people on benefits?

What about (for example) if someone wanted to live near Sandygate in Sheffield? they may want to live in that area as the schools are very good

Certain areas are excluded to people on low a wage so they should be excluded to people on benefits.

But working people are not excluded from areas such as Sandygate, if they choose to live there, they can.

Why should this choice be taken away from someone on benefits.

There should be a cap, I agree with this, but lets put it at a sensible level. I think 55k per annum would make sure that people on benefits are not excluded from areas in better parts of the city

But working people are not excluded from areas such as Sandygate, if they choose to live there, they can.

There should be a cap, I agree with this, but lets put it at a sensible level. I think 55k per annum would make sure that people on benefits are not excluded from areas in better parts of the city

Working people with a certain income are not excluded, no, low income families are. How on earth is the state supposed to fund this? And do you think it fair that lower income people shuld pay tax which goes towards financially supporting people to live in areas that they could not afford to reside in? What is the issue here? Access to good schools? I'm not talking about people already in situ who fall on hard times either.

I've never heard of Sandygate, but if its a nice, but expensive area then working people are excluded from living there if they can not afford it, if their wages dont stretch that far.

Again its the argument that "I'm a taxpayer and I don't think it is fair".

Why should certain areas be excluded to people who don't work, simply because people on low wages choose not to live in these areas?

People on low wages can't live there for the same reasons that those on benefits cant,namely they can't afford it..it's not that they choose not to..how is this hard for you to grasp?

Archived