Tory MP calls for benefit cap for families with over 4 kids

The wealthy should live on the likes of a certain "rough" Council estate in S2, rather than leafy old S11 Eccleshall or places like Dore, Totley or Whirlow... One taste of what life's like in less "well off" areas and they'd soon put down that copy of the Mail.

Why, are the solid well built houses in S2 inexcuably violent?

Or is "how life is" down to some of the people who live there?

Ah, postcode envy. The sink estates guttersnipes actually need some people to live in great big sprawling pads in nice leafy suburbs - because those houses pay the council tax that funds the subsidised peppercorn rents and free maintenance on the council houses.

There are nt any council houses now as ownership has transfered to various housing associations which let at break even rents.A lot of people in big houses pay low council tax as theyare occupied by single adults-you know old people,divorcees,spinsters,grumpy old men and so on.If I have to keep giving you lessons on the economy I will have to charge and you seem rich enough to pay-and people say intelligence and income are correlated.I suppose there are alwys a few exceptions which prove(test) the rule:mad:

I'll tell you what, put me, Conrod, Suffragette1, and our neighbours in the worst sink estate you can find, and within 12 months it will be the most up and coming place to live in the city.

We won't need a penny of extra public money, we won't need any hand outs, we won't need any mentors, we won't require any support organisations.

Crime will have vanished, people will have work, house prices will be rising, and the birds will be singing.

And it won't be by luck.

I'll tell you what, put me, Conrod, Suffragette1, and our neighbours in the worst sink estate you can find, and within 12 months it will be the most up and coming place to live in the city.

We won't need a penny of extra public money, we won't need any hand outs, we won't need any mentors, we won't require any support organisations.

Crime will have vanished, people will have work, house prices will be rising, and the birds will be singing.

And it won't be by luck.

Can I come?

And it won't be by luck.

Yes but we're not all the same, pity we aren't admittedly. A lot of the people who cause mayhem have had very troubled lives as children. Very poor role models, drink and drug problems and poverty thrust upon them..

I don't think people make a choice at 14 to become the dregs of society, they already are..To ask someone like this to become a good citizen is like asking you to become a very bad one...Its a hard transition.

Its not that simple and we've yet to find an answer. I'm not condoning their actions I'm well aware of their lives and what misery they cause..

I don't think we had problems like this to such an extent a long time ago. Although, they're mentioned in the Dickens books of course. But going back 50 years people behaved better. Perhaps we need a return to old values. Although, the trend is set now and will be hard to break...

There are nt any council houses now as ownership has transfered to various housing associations which let at break even rents.A lot of people in big houses pay low council tax as theyare occupied by single adults-you know old people,divorcees,spinsters,grumpy old men and so on.If I have to keep giving you lessons on the economy I will have to charge and you seem rich enough to pay-and people say intelligence and income are correlated.I suppose there are alwys a few exceptions which prove(test) the rule:mad:

That not entirely true. Some councils have retained their stock. Chesterfield for example...It was up to the tenants to decide some voted to tranfer stock, some for an ALMO and some voted to stay with the LA...

Yes but we're not all the same, pity we aren't admittedly. A lot of the people who cause mayhem have had very troubled lives as children. Very poor role models, drink and drug problems and poverty thrust upon them..

I don't think people make a choice at 14 to become the dregs of society, they already are..To ask someone like this to become a good citizen is like asking you to become a very bad one...Its a hard transition....

And in most cases a waste of time - a person's motivational value system is pretty much formed in stone before they are 10 years old. In most cases, they are not open to improvement. Perhaps just building 40 foot walls round the sink estates and treating them as open air prisons would be the best way to go.

Its not that simple and we've yet to find an answer. I'm not condoning their actions I'm well aware of their lives and what misery they cause..

I don't think we had problems like this to such an extent a long time ago. Although, they're mentioned in the Dickens books of course. But going back 50 years people behaved better. Perhaps we need a return to old values. Although, the trend is set now and will be hard to break...

Individual responsibility for one's actions, no more lifestyle choice to live on welfare, more power to the Police without fear of backlash if they give some horrible gobby scrote a well-deserved thrashing, proper sentencing for career criminals and the death penalty for persistent wrong-doers.

And in most cases a waste of time - a person's motivational value system is pretty much formed in stone before they are 10 years old. In most cases, they are not open to improvement. Perhaps just building 40 foot walls round the sink estates and treating them as open air prisons would be the best way to go.

Individual responsibility for one's actions, no more lifestyle choice to live on welfare, more power to the Police without fear of backlash if they give some horrible gobby scrote a well-deserved thrashing, proper sentencing for career criminals and the death penalty for persistent wrong-doers.

I bit like Saudi Arabia then....:D

That not entirely true. Some councils have retained their stock. Chesterfield for example...It was up to the tenants to decide some voted to tranfer stock, some for an ALMO and some voted to stay with the LA...

I am sure that parts of eastern Europe and other areas retain council ownership but I assumes that Sheffield Forum would mean Sheffield housing.I am all for LA,especially Hollywood.I did visit the ALAMO in Texas but did nt see too many council houses there.

Archived