Tory MP calls for benefit cap for families with over 4 kids

I think from reading the OP and subsequent posts that this is a debate whether benefits should be paid for people having more than four children. more than four = no benefits.

I must say I completely advocate this.

Exactly,some people seem unable to understand the post they try to muddle the waters,thank god there are some who talk in plain language.:)

Do you mean for the first 4 then no more?

Yes.

Having watched Children in Need tonight we need to improve the welfare state to scoop up all of the kids/people who through no fault of their own find themselves in a situation that was different from when they had their kids.

To fund this I think maybe we should reduce child benefit to 2 kids not 4.

Obviously it would not be retrospective.

Yes.

Having watched Children in Need tonight we need to improve the welfare state to scoop up all of the kids/people who through no fault of their own find themselves in a situation that was different from when they had their kids.

To fund this I think maybe we should reduce child benefit to 2 kids not 4.

Obviously it would not be retrospective.

Reducing it to 2 kids might be very hard to get into law but I think most people would be fine with the limit at 4 but I can see where your coming from.

Reducing it to 2 kids might be very hard to get into law but I think most people would be fine with the limit at 4 but I can see where your coming from.

Ok, maybe I should have phrased it better. Let's say me and the Missus worked at woolies for the past 15 years and I sired 6 kids. I paid taxes claimed no sick pay then bang, me and my good lady are made redundant and like nearly 3 million others can't get another job. So we are on benifits. So does that mean through no fault of my own, 2 of my kids will suffer more than a family with 3 who have never worked get full fat money ?

Or do you mean that kids born into families perpetually on benefits shouldn't get paid for the fifth kid ?

Ok, maybe I should have phrased it better. Let's say me and the Missus worked at woolies for the past 15 years and I sired 6 kids. I paid taxes claimed no sick pay then bang, me and my good lady are made redundant and like nearly 3 million others can't get another job. So we are on benifits. So does that mean through no fault of my own, 2 of my kids will suffer more than a family with 3 who have never worked get full fat money ?

Or do you mean that kids born into families perpetually on benefits shouldn't get paid for the fifth kid ?

Personaly I go with the idea of 4 no more child benefit no matter what,but thats my personal opinion.

How can it not be your own fault? If there was a law in place saying you got no more benefits for more than 4 kids and then you had 6 knowing at some point in the future you "may" be unemployed then it is completely your fault for having more kids than you can look after.

So ban people having 4 or more kids then, regardless of their employment status.

Thats a different issue,this is about paying money to them in the form of child benefit,NOT limiting people to how many kids they can have,they can have 10 as long as they dont get child benefit for more than 4.

Archived