Tramlines is a UK Festival Award winner!

HarleyLive

Earlier this week, Tramlines won the Best Metropolitan Festival award in the UK Festival Awards.

We were up against some really strong competition and are big fans of what the Festival Awards stand for, so it felt genuinely amazing to have won.

We just wanted to take the time to thank each and every person who got involved and supported this year's festival. Whether you were one of the hundreds of people who worked behind the scenes at the event, or you just came along and helped to support it, we couldn't have done it without you.

We're already hard at work next year's event, and are determined to make it even better than this year, so keep an eye out for announcements in the new year.

Thankyou!

Well deserved I have to say. Am not from Sheffield (so free from bias) and have been to probably 20/30 different festivals around Europe and have to say Tramlines was right up there with the best. It was such a fantastic atmosphere and little things like the accoustic stage in the cathedral and folk forest really made it, along with not feeling like you're being ripped off left right and centre. Normal pub prices and even the beer tents by the main stages were very reasonable (compared to the £4.10 at Leeds fest a few weeks later) really made it feel a fantastic event that is for everyone from families to hipsters and casual fans to passionate music lovers.

Have to say that the organisers behind Tramlines deserve everything they get. It's one of those rare occasions when I'm proud to walk around Sheffield. Get's better every year and for it to be free yet still a great atmosphere is testament to the organisers, police and council alike.

Shame I won't be here for it next year!

Thanks for the kind words Daniel. Really appreciate it. There's some exciting stuff on the cards for the Folk Forest this year. Can't wait to get announcing things...

The folk forest this year was superb. Great setting, top music, great thornbridge beer tent etc,etc.

If there is any chance of putting on Martin Stephenson & the Daintees next year you will be on to a winner. . . . . and i will thank you forever.

Archived