What would make you give up your car for public transport?

Pretty much nothing. I'd live on pasta n 8p Netto beans every meal if it meant keeping my car on the road!

Just watch the video on you tube of the train journey in Scotland....with the young lad that had a few drinks, & the conductor that wanted to eject him for having an invalid train ticket......then the have a go hero!!!!! No thanks. Causes delays, inconvenience & distress.

It's the idiots that use public transport that put me off. I've experienced it myself a couple of times when some nutter wanted to start a punch up with me late one night as he was with 4 of his mates. Not worth the aggravation. Another time some guys were dealing drugs on the bus......you honestly couldn't make it up!

I just want a quiet life so I use taxi's or walk now when I go out for a drink & leave the car at home.

As for work it would be a 3 bus journey each way & the tram doesn't start early enough for me to get to work!

Archived