Star Trekkin, across the Universe

The wormhole theories, or some sort of space warp were suggested because of the very issue with the inability to go faster than light. Also, I view the importance of breaking the light barrier rather than how much faster than the speed of light as being significant.

OK :rolleyes::rolleyes:

General relativity already gives us the laws that would allow us to explore the universe, by jumping from one part of the universe to another part by creating a stable wormhole, compressing space time by creating a stable warp bubble or Faulding space time. Exceeding the speed of light wouldn’t be of any significant use, because even at 4 X the speed of light it would still take a year to get to the next solar system.

A year in whose frame of reference?

Seriously, if this does turn out to be reality it could be the start of something quite exciting.

It would definitely be the end of something exciting - since it would mean that everything we've discovered in the last century, is in fact wrong, and that the particle accelerators we've been building since the 1940s, don't actually work.

As I understand it, if you switched from acceleration to deceleration at the halfway point and nearly hit lightspeed, then it would take, from your point of view, about a fortnight to get to Proxima Centauri.

Now you’re talking about time dilation which is way over my head. :)

Archived