Would you trust a lawyer?

Tony

Would you trust a lawyer?  

27 members have voted

1. 1. Would you trust a lawyer?

• Yes, if they were working for me
    • No, if they were working for me

Depends what the context is really.

If you're a wealthy person, and can afford to hire a "loophole" lawyer to get you off charge A B or C, you'll probably trust him to do this for you.

But would it make you think that the lawyer is otherwise trustworthy, knowing that he's wriggling and bending/stretching the law for money for you?

Probably not.

After they've sorted out the bankers and the political system, they can make a start on reforming the legal system, which is long overdue.

British justice the best in the world? Not any more. It's been sitting on its laurels and leeching off its reputation far too long. For one thing, justice is no longer affordable to the common man, (legal aid is only available for certain criminal cases) which has to be wrong. It is so hidebound in 'tradition,' elitism, and deferance as to make it not fit for purpose in modern times, but the legal Grandees don't want it touched for fear of losing their place on the gravy train.

Considering what they're being paid, far too many cases fail on technicalities or simply reach the wrong conclusion due to sloppy casework. Their application of the law also seems suspect in many cases and defies all common sense and logic.

It's just another bloated institution designed by rich people for rich people.

• 1 year later...

it depends what you're trusting them with

i know a few lawyers personally and they are as trustworthy as anyone else i know

as with any profession there will be those who act in your best interests and there will be those who act in their own best interests

the problem is that it isn't always easy to spot the difference

Getting the best of the best attorneys is very important when filing a claim, because you get professionals that actually understand what personal injury really is and how these matters can be handled.
Now there's a word you don't see used every day in the UK (and I should know a fair bit about that ;)).

Couple that with a US law firm linky in the sig' and a somewhat self-promoting post resurrecting an old thread...I think you can safely take it that this one falls into the second category, manlinose ;):D

Thread had passed me by, BITD. Reassuring poll results :)

Now there's a word you don't see used every day in the UK (and I should know a fair bit about that ;)).

Couple that with a US law firm linky in the sig' and a somewhat self-promoting post resurrecting an old thread...I think you can safely take it that this one falls into the second category, manlinose ;):D

This is the second old thread today the poster has resurrected........bloody ambulance chasers:suspect:

well spotted, i just saw a poll started by tony and couldn't stop myself!

i might trawl back a few years and see what else i've missed!

p.s. what's BITD?

Their very nature is to twist and manipulate information, expose facts when want them exposing and hide others they don't.
First part is incorrect (or, well, badly/biasedly phrased), second part is more-or-less correct.

But there are no facts you can 'hide' from the other side, which they want to find out about. You cannot 'disappear' evidence, that would be a criminal matter and I am reasonably confident no legal practitioner in the land is ready and willing to commit professional suicide and stand before their Regulator (never mind the Court) on that charge, no matter who the client is.

EDITS:

bloody ambulance chasers:suspect:
They don't do the legal profession much good PR, for sure.

BITD = Back In The Day (common t'internet abbreviation...well before the advent of txt speech btw ;)).

I did not vote in the Poll - I'm conflicted :hihi:

Archived