With what do you clean wood flooring?

It's all wood at the end of the day and wood floors are fitted with an expansion gap. Chucking loads of water on could mean the water will get underneath the floor and the bottom of the boards won't have any finish on them. Also it's a tongue and groove system so if the floor has any gaps in the water will get in that way. Wood flooring is very expensive so i would recommend following the piece of paper that you get when you open the packs. They usually have aftercare instructions on them as well as fitting instructions. Hope this helps.

It's all wood at the end of the day and wood floors are fitted with an expansion gap. Chucking loads of water on could mean the water will get underneath the floor and the bottom of the boards won't have any finish on them. Also it's a tongue and groove system so if the floor has any gaps in the water will get in that way. Wood flooring is very expensive so i would recommend following the piece of paper that you get when you open s the packs. They usually have aftercare instructions on them as well as fitting instructions. Hope this helps.

I use a guy who lay floors that are completely waterproof. What is the point of laying a wooden floor that is only waterproofed on one side? Water finds its way through any gap. Don't use anyone who does not treat the entire timber.:)

It's all wood at the end of the day and wood floors are fitted with an expansion gap. Chucking loads of water on could mean the water will get underneath the floor and the bottom of the boards won't have any finish on them. Also it's a tongue and groove system so if the floor has any gaps in the water will get in that way. Wood flooring is very expensive so i would recommend following the piece of paper that you get when you open the packs. They usually have aftercare instructions on them as well as fitting instructions. Hope this helps.

I dont think you can say it all wood,as wood/timber has varied characteristics.Soft woods are more prone to expansion,whereas hardwoods are more resilient and less prone to warping.Its your profession-I simply rely on what my grandad said-he was a pattern-maker with Hawker -Siddeley and worked on the vertical jets.

Archived