Is working for benefits "forced labour" ?

Tony

Is working for benefits "forced labour" ?  

109 members have voted

1. 1. Is working for benefits "forced labour" ?

• Yes
    • No

I think your foe is a bit simple, bless! You need to stop feeding this troll though - he'll be sat home alone feeding on your anger! Seriously - weird as it sounds, there are some odd people on here!

He craves attention. Even if its negative. He deserves our pity really..

Sadly somehow it wouldn't work would it, something would go wrong.

It might work if the hours corresponded with the amount paid i.e. £67 per week dole and roughly 11 hours worked say for the council doing some litter picking or something, therefore giving the worker the rest of the week off to look for a full time job. Don't think it would work on a permanent basis as many people only sign on the dole for say 6 months between jobs, maybe just a routine call up for a few weeks every few months.

A lesson in simple economics. State retirement pension as projected for me in 2 years time = £130 per week. End of, no extras, hidden benefits etc, so total cost to state IS £130 per week.

Unemployed young family, 2.5 kids, help with mortgage, or rent, plus council tax plus whatever else they can claim = circa £300 per week.

Let me retire early, the young guy has my job, GB plc saves £170 plus per week.

As I said SIMPLES......................

It would be simple, except that if you were only getting the state pension you could claim additional help.

If he took your (low paid presumably) job then his family would continue to get additional help.

Your simple maths ignores the reality of the situation.

My last reply to you you total moron. My lad was a rolling mill /melting shop fitter. He can machine, weld, fabricate and did his degree course part time, at the same time as doing 5 shifts per week in the steel works. He did his REAL WORLD part first. i suggest you hurry up and disappear up your own arse.

You deserve all the insults you get. As for the REAL WORLD, you obviously spend little time in it. Dream on my obnoxious friend.

My dogs ARE smarter than you. Why ?? Because I trained them. Its not an insult its fact.

Now be a good boy, step back and take a long hard look at this REAL WORLD you keep mentioning. I have a feeling its gonna creep up on you and bite you.

It seems I won that one by default.

I loved the insults but had a little trouble with a few because there were several commas missing .

http://www.sheffieldforum.co.uk/showthread.php?t=429269

Waiting for something better.

Ha ha ha.

You mean too lazy to bother because the dole is too high and you don't need to get out of bed except on signing on days.

No, it means that when someone with a profession or even just a trade has lost there job, it's not unreasonable for them to initially look for only relevant jobs. Your son for example, if he lost his management position would probably be looking for another one rather than immediately taking a shelf stacking position at the local tescos.

Anyone who goes from a decent job to unemployment is hardly going to be impressed at the high rate of the dole are they!

It would be simple, except that if you were only getting the state pension you could claim additional help.

If he took your (low paid presumably) job then his family would continue to get additional help.

Your simple maths ignores the reality of the situation.

I would not get any extra help, I have a private pension and only work part time for serious health reasons. My life expectancy is compromised as well so whichever way the govt would be onto a winner. If they took the time to evaluate cases they really could reduce their outgoings.

The guy could increase his hours back up to full time without a problem and earn around £25000 a year. I have reduced the hours, they could be increased.

Archived