Is working for benefits "forced labour" ?

Tony

Is working for benefits "forced labour" ?  

109 members have voted

1. 1. Is working for benefits "forced labour" ?

• Yes
    • No

It is but they don't deserve much credit. They haven't put any more money into the problem, just diverted funds from another department. I heard that it will be funded by cuts to tax credits...don't know if this is true though..

So when youth unemployment started going through the roof a few years ago, why was this money not 'diverted' then? This isn't a problem that has arisen over a few weeks, or even months. I'm not a follower of any political party, but even I would have thought the 'Labour' Party's aim would be to help people get paid work?

'Retiring' at an earlier age than 65 would compromise your private pension, so how could it be considered acceptable for the government to force you to do it to save themselves money?

There's no moral way to force someone not to work no matter what their age, at best it's age discrimination in the name of saving money isn't it.

I have already drawn 2 pensions, I got a bit better deal out of the pension companies by the reason of being 'of impaired life'. The private companies allow for reduction of life expectancy so why not HM Govt ????

I did this so as to be able to have time to enjoy my hobbies, I cut my working hours by half and the pensions provide my 'pocket money' for holidays and camera equipment etc. There was no 'forcing' involved, it was my choice. I have the funds so why not enjoy it. You cant take it with you.............:hihi:

I have already drawn 2 pensions, I got a bit better deal out of the pension companies by the reason of being 'of impaired life'. The private companies allow for reduction of life expectancy so why not HM Govt ????

I did this so as to be able to have time to enjoy my hobbies, I cut my working hours by half and the pensions provide my 'pocket money' for holidays and camera equipment etc. There was no 'forcing' involved, it was my choice. I have the funds so why not enjoy it. You cant take it with you.............:hihi:

So your situation is hardly simple or common...

Let me retire early

You pretty much are retired by the sound of it, so what were you really saying? "Let me claim my statement pension early"? As a way of saving the government money...

Archived