Is working for benefits "forced labour" ?

Tony

Is working for benefits "forced labour" ?  

109 members have voted

1. 1. Is working for benefits "forced labour" ?

• Yes
    • No

You're partially right. The unions destroyed the jobs with their greed and quest for political power but that's not really an issue as there are plenty of jobs out there.

The problem is many people simply don't want to work so the employer has to take overseas workers instead of lazy local people.

That's where "Work for your cash" is such a great idea.

It'll get the lazy scroungers out of bed and used to working and, if they have to get up anyway, they'll take real jobs instead.

It'll save the country a small fortune in dole payments to lazy fools.

I mentioned the unions who should take a little of the blame as well.

There aren't plenty of jobs out there for some of the unemployed. These are people who have no qualifications and experience. They are people who would have, in the past, been employed in semi skilled or labouring jobs in industry. They are not capable of customer services jobs or sales or IT..

If you look at a site like REED you'll get a truer picture. See how many of the jobs are suitable to unemployed people with no skills or qualifications. I've copied one I found here, see how many people have applied already..26

Warehouse Picker 3am start

Location Batley, West YorkshireSalary £6.72 - £8.72 per hourRecruiterManpowerApplications 26 Date19 Nov

Our client in Birstall is looking for candidates with picking experience duties will include picking large size orders for customers in the warehouse The Candidates must have previous experience in picking large size orders in a timely manner hours of work are 3am start must live local or have......

I did a quick search within 30 miles...

http://www.reed.co.uk/job/searchresults.aspx?k=&jto=false&s=&l=sheffield&lp=30&ms=From&mxs=To&st=5&ns=true&ps=50&da=8630

Another one here 59 applications for a rubbish job..This is the supposed job the unemployed should be going for...

Part time evening collections

Location Leeds, West YorkshireSalary £16,000 per annumRecruiterManpowerApplications 59Date19 Nov

Full and Part time positions available Monday Thursday 4pm 8pm and Sat 8am 12pm or Monday Thursday 5pm 9pm and Sat 8am 12pm or Monday Friday 8am 12pm Dealing with Inbound and Outbound telephone calls and correspondence to ensure that client service levels are achieved Negotiating payment......

No, they definetely said this on TV the other night. Chris Grayling, the employment minister, was saying that the work programme would make enhanced payments to providers based on how long they got people into work placements for. Two years was mentioned.

I'm not doubting they receive payments the longer someone is in work. What i am saying is the vast majority is paid to them after 3 months, leaving a very small amount to collect at a later date/s. It is more profitable for A4e if someone works for a few months then goes back to A4e to start the process again.

I can't see that it would be a BAD thing.

I just fail to see where all the jobs will come from?

It would be a bad thing for the jobs market due to unemployed people doing some of the jobs being advertised at less then minimum wage.

Paying people benefits whether they work or not? Lovely idea, but how would the government fund it?

A flat rate of tax would be a great idea, and does work well in some countries.

That way, everybody in the UK would have to pay about 26% on anything they earn above about £10k, rather than lower earners paying bugger all and higher earners being penalised for hard work and doing better.

Land value tax.

16 grade per year is crap so the dole must be better.

That's why the forced labour is such a good idea. It'd stop the over lazy and over fussy from telling the forum how a job isn't worth bothering with.

Its not the benefit that's too high but the wage that's too low. They'd probably be, a single person, about 60 quid a week better off when everything is taken into consideration.

If we want to motivate people to work, they have to have some real incentive..

And there are 59 applicants already. This kind of blows out of the water your theory that people won't work.

Its not the benefit that's too high but the wage that's too low.

No, it's called profiteering, the cost of finished goods/food are so high to make profit to greedy shareholders, that people are forced to ask for increased wages just to break even. All hail king profit!!

Archived