The Stephen Lawrence Trial

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/uknews/crime/8896209/Stephen-Lawrence-trial-best-friend-says-teenager-stabbed-with-a-foot-long-knife.html

Have you been reading / watching the latest developments in the trial and what do you think of the process?

Nobody can deny that it was an awful crime and the perpetrators should be brought before the courts. I do hope the police have conclusive forensic evidence to prove the accused guilty, then Stephen's family can at last have some relief and get on with their lives...

Having said that the case, in regards to British justice, does trouble me. Lets be honest the accused are going to be found guilty, its not really a trial. More a public event whereby the accused will get what they deserve and the authorities will be seen to have done what's right...

In view of previous trials where innocent people were locked up for a crime they didn't commit, do you trust the police anyway?

When the case was ongoing many years ago I never thought the accused did it. I based this on the fact that although they were being secretly filmed and recorded they never once mentioned the crime. You'd have though a gang of young men would have?

Are you happy with the process and do you think they did it?

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/uknews/crime/8896209/Stephen-Lawrence-trial-best-friend-says-teenager-stabbed-with-a-foot-long-knife.html

Have you been reading / watching the latest developments in the trial and what do you think of the process?

Nobody can deny that it was an awful crime and the perpetrators should be brought before the courts. I do hope the police have conclusive forensic evidence to prove the accused guilty, then Stephen's family can at last have some relief and get on with their lives...

Having said that the case, in regards to British justice, does trouble me. Lets be honest the accused are going to be found guilty, its not really a trial. More a public event whereby the accused will get what they deserve and the authorities will be seen to have done what's right...

In view of previous trials where innocent people were locked up for a crime they didn't commit, do you trust the police anyway?

When the case was ongoing many years ago I never thought the accused did it. I based this on the fact that although they were being secretly filmed and recorded they never once mentioned the crime. You'd have though a gang of young men would have?

Are you happy with the process and do you think they did it?

How can you be sure they never refered to the incident?Any film you have seen will have been edited,and if they were ashamed about the killing they perhaps chose to disregard the comment.If you are so certain of the outcome why not place a bet at Ladbrokes who are offering evens on both being found guilty>

How can you be sure they never refered to the incident?Any film you have seen will have been edited,and if they were ashamed about the killing they perhaps chose to disregard the comment.If you are so certain of the outcome why not place a bet at Ladbrokes who are offering evens on both being found guilty>

Really?

Thats :gag:

I think the police would have used this as evidence and charged them. Its a long time since I saw the documentary about the crime but remember the police recordings and tapes of the alleged, and they never mentioned it, there was a tape of one of the youths pretending to stab another...but it wasn't used in evidence..

I wasn't aware of Ladbrokes offering odds. I find that a little odd. I can't find this claim when I googled it...do you have a link...I don't think, even a bookie could sink that low..

i thought they HAD boasted about it numerous times? :huh:

That surely would have been enough evidence to prosecute, one would think..There's no eye witnesses and there was no forensics either. It will be interesting to see what the police have after all this time..

i thought they HAD boasted about it numerous times? :huh:

Hearsay evidence,boasting about something does not mean ones guilty.I share Frank Sidneys trepidation on this,the two may be guilty and rightly deserve all coming to them if they are but I feel that any finding of guilt is going to be a unsafe conviction ,I believe the evidence what the prosecution is relying on has already been thrown out in a private trial,I envisage on a guilty conviction a immediate appeal,That is the way of English law

Hearsay evidence,boasting about something does not mean ones guilty.I share Frank Sidneys trepidation on this,the two may be guilty and rightly deserve all coming to them if they are but I feel that any finding of guilt is going to be a unsafe conviction ,I believe the evidence what the prosecution is relying on has already been thrown out in a private trial,I envisage on a guilty conviction a immediate appeal,That is the way of English law

i never said they were were guilty cos of it, i mentioned theyd boasted cos he originally said that they never once mentioned the crime

Thought you might!:rolleyes:

Archived