The Stephen Lawrence Trial

There was something else as well that seemed to make them look not guilty but I can't remember what it was. It seems, that because they are racist, its okay to lock them up for life even if they haven't done it...They may have done it, but so far there is no evidence...

As I said earlier if they have done and it is proven without doubt that they are guilty then they deserve all they get ,the thing that worries me is are they going to made the scapegoats to salve the conscience of the Police's inability to solve the case first time around and to divert attention from the alleged cause of the Tottenham riots.

I thought the same, and it seems few recall that they were filmed in their own homes for months afterwards, and none said a single thing about it to the others... That didn't seem to be right, if they were as dumb as they seemed, and especially as this was supposed to be a race attack, you would have thought something would have been said in that month or so...

My Bold=

The father of Norris was a gangster wasn't he, I'm sure after the not guilty verdicts they would have been warned about being bugged and to never mention it just in case.

The video could have been about the stabbing of stephen but they just didn't mention that in case they were being bugged.

My Bold=

The father of Norris was a gangster wasn't he, I'm sure after the not guilty verdicts they would have been warned about being bugged and to never mention it just in case.

The video could have been about the stabbing of stephen but they just didn't mention that in case they were being bugged.

So to conclude..

There's no evidence but because the father was a "gangster" they may as well be locked up for it....Do you know how bad that sounds?

As I said earlier if they have done and it is proven without doubt that they are guilty then they deserve all they get ,the thing that worries me is are they going to made the scapegoats to salve the conscience of the Police's inability to solve the case first time around and to divert attention from the alleged cause of the Tottenham riots.

I agree, if they have done it they deserve all they get...I've yet to see anyone who seems to want them banged up to state the opposite though....

So to conclude..

There's no evidence but because the father was a "gangster" they may as well be locked up for it....Do you know how bad that sounds?

Whoa there, I was giving an explanation for why they have never openly bragged about the crime, if your father is a criminal then he is going to clue them up about things isn't he?

As for them being locked up I'm of the opinion that if they are guilty then they should get locked up but due to the publicity of the case over the years and being no stanger to the court system or jail myself I personally don't think they will get a fair trial as there is pressure to convict someone.

Whoa there, I was giving an explanation for why they have never openly bragged about the crime, if your father is a criminal then he is going to clue them up about things isn't he?

As for them being locked up I'm of the opinion that if they are guilty then they should get locked up but due to the publicity of the case over the years and being no stanger to the court system or jail myself I personally don't think they will get a fair trial as there is pressure to convict someone.

That's an interesting argument. Personally, jury wise, I'd really try extremely hard to make a judgement only on the evidence before me if I felt their was political pressure for a conviction.

Like the jury in the OJ Simpson trial?...

I haven't met them so I couldn't comment on their motivations.

What I could attest to is any hint of pushing for a particular verdict would focus me as a juror on my job of impartially assessing the evidence legally allowed to be presented and making a decision on that basis.

I haven't met them so I couldn't comment on their motivations.

What I could attest to is any hint of pushing for a particular verdict would focus me as a juror on my job of impartially assessing the evidence legally allowed to be presented and making a decision on that basis.

I appreciate that..However, I don't think most people on jury service are as independent and strong willed as you..:D

That's an interesting argument. Personally, jury wise, I'd really try extremely hard to make a judgement only on the evidence before me if I felt their was political pressure for a conviction.

There has been so much publicity about this murder over the years that everyone pretty much has heard or read about the case, plus the fact that the media in this country convict someone before they come to court, look at what happend to Joanna Yeates (RIP) landlord, the poor guy even I started believing he was guilty after reading the write up on him.

Archived