How do I get free use of Taxis?

I see people being transported to and from Supermarkets in taxis.

I assume these taxis are free, or the people using this service are very rich.

If they are free, how do I go about using this service? I don't want to pay, I just want to use a taxi as a means of cutting my outgoings

If they are free, how do I go about using this service? I don't want to pay, I just want to use a taxi as a means of cutting my outgoings

We don't drive, and ordering for delivery costs around £5 from the Asda nearby. A taxi from there to here costs about £4.20. Thus when my wife does the weekly shopping, she walks to the Asda, and gets a taxi back. Bus would not be a good option as that would mean getting one bus into the center, and then one out again (a round trip of about 50 minutes). Taxi is a lot more convenient.

Nothing about being very rich (far from it), and it is actually cutting our outgoings at the same time.

I think many of them get free taxis if they are council tenants with no shop within a certain distance.I believe it is thought unfair(by Brussels) that people should carry groceries more than a kilometre without some assistance.Its a great idea for those unable to drive/run a car.

What is this country coming to. I ask you! :rolleyes:

You're a big one for assumptions aren't you?

Why do you assume that they're free?

I think many of them get free taxis if they are council tenants with no shop within a certain distance.I believe it is thought unfair(by Brussels) that people should carry groceries more than a kilometre without some assistance.

Links? Evidence?

I think many of them get free taxis if they are council tenants with no shop within a certain distance.I believe it is thought unfair(by Brussels) that people should carry groceries more than a kilometre without some assistance.Its a great idea for those unable to drive/run a car.

You can provide a link to this i presume?

It sounds absurd to me.

Presumably to go with their free 40 inch TVs and the bar of gold they get at Christmas.

Archived