The late Fred Pass

Leslump

33 minutes ago, Slinny said:

Thank you I thought he was a bit older than me but not much .another teddy boy I remember was joe Hobson ,  I also went in mambo with Martin pass and Arnold Presley both teddy boys like me  great times ,  

I worked with Martin Pass on the power stations for Envirocor.

Or was it Malcolm Pass the memory is playing games.

Edited by Alextopman

37 minutes ago, Slinny said:

Thank you I thought he was a bit older than me but not much .another teddy boy I remember was joe Hobson ,  I also went in mambo with Martin pass and Arnold Presley both teddy boys like me  great times ,  

Joe is still going.

41 minutes ago, Slinny said:

Fred was a friendly fella always got a joke and a story,  his mate Tony wasn't to well  last I heard from one of their school pals.

• 3 weeks later...
On 06/02/2023 at 09:02, Slinny said:

Martin and Harold were friends with Malcom Sargent , 

Just been reading Fred’s  wer,z me mam The chapter about Dennis Hobson , In 1955 Dennis was a roof tiler in  he worked for Bill Godard ,    I think he was doing his national service around that time  He left roof tiling around 1961 ,  That is when he got involved with,lorries and scrap  ,But could read those books all day long , 

22 minutes ago, Slinny said:

Just been reading Fred’s  wer,z me mam The chapter about Dennis Hobson , In 1955 Dennis was a roof tiler in  he worked for Bill Godard ,    I think he was doing his national service around that time  He left roof tiling around 1961 ,  That is when he got involved with,lorries and scrap  ,But could read those books all day long , 

Another book worth reading is Bombs over Bramall Lane growing up in the 40's by Ken Leary, I knew him and his family.

He wrote the book for his family while he was dying from Cancer.

Edited by Alextopman