Plans to revive 'right to buy' scheme

You beat me to it.

I have the right to buy mine, I can buy it cheap as chips, but I will not be doing so.

However, if they do replace them 1 for 1, then I do not feel I can object to those taking advantage, the properties are already overvalued by more than 100%, and in theory, the properties shall be replaced, this will be off benefit to those in need of affordable housing.

What worries me, is the planned building of houses to be offset by the sale of homes, or will each sale lead to an additional property being built, will the new tenancies be of the same quality as the old ones.

Why can't the council's build?

Why don't the building societies build? (they sold out and started offering buy to let)

Why not ban buy to let and allow 'build to let'?

That article says they are to sell off up to 2 million homes, then build 100,000 new ones, creating up to 200,000 jobs. Nothing like a 1.9 million deficit in social housing is there.

I don't think you are looking at it the right way -

It means that 2 million people/couples will be able to buy their houses, therefore they will not be costing the council money and they can get on the property ladder.

It is an opportunity for people to buy the houses they have been in long term - not random people buying the houses and evicting the tennents.

That article says they are to sell off up to 2 million homes, then build 100,000 new ones, creating up to 200,000 jobs. Nothing like a 1.9 million deficit in social housing is there.

How would this create a deficit? Two million less people would need social housing if they've bought a place of their own.

I don't think you are looking at it the right way -

It means that 2 million people/couples will be able to buy their houses, therefore they will not be costing the council money and they can get on the property ladder.

It is an opportunity for people to buy the houses they have been in long term - not random people buying the houses and evicting the tennents.

You are right. I wasn't looking at it that way :blush:

It never died so shouldn't need reviving.

House prices rose by over 300% and the discount was capped at a lower level.

No wonder people can't afford a house anymore.

Mortgage tax relief for people buying their 1st home ended.

Mortgage tax relief for 'buy to let' landlords was introduced. (Scumlords/slumlords)

Council house building stopped.

Council houses were demolished with the intention of pushing property prices higher.

Housing benefit went up up up and ever higher. Pricing people out of work.

There was a massive credit boom (preceding the recession). So called 'easy money', which has allowed the vultures to feast upon the wilderbeast by enticing them into the lions den.

Home ownership has been in decline since 2002 and it will continue to fall as those with mortgages are squeezed of everything they have, until they are forced into bankruptcy.

House prices rose by over 300% and the discount was capped at a lower level.

No wonder people can't afford a house anymore.

Mortgage tax relief for people buying their 1st home ended.

Mortgage tax relief for 'buy to let' landlords was introduced. (Scumlords/slumlords)

Council house building stopped.

Council houses were demolished with the intention of pushing property prices higher.

Housing benefit went up up up and ever higher. Pricing people out of work.

There was a massive credit boom (preceding the recession). So called 'easy money', which has allowed the vultures to feast upon the wilderbeast by enticing them into the lions den.

Home ownership has been in decline since 2002 and it will continue to fall as those with mortgages are squeezed of everything they have, until they are forced into bankruptcy.

And despite all that the sale of council houses never died.

Archived